1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what am I doing wrong

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by emelia, Aug 8, 2005.

1. emelia

emelia Guest

This is the first time I've used this and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I've backed up the dvd to my hard drive and now I"m not sure what to do to burn the dvd onto a blank DVD. Which Nero do I use and how do I do it.

2. thelox714

thelox714 Regular member

first off.. how big is the file? if it is too large.. you're going to need to shrink it... then you can burn it with nero..
    i know there's a forum around here somewhere that they answer only for nero..

aha... here it is

http://forums.afterdawn.com/forum_view.cfm/156

3. excaliber

excaliber Guest

right..listen up.. if you want to back up a dvd ie. copy it to a blanc dvd first you will need dvd decryper.. if the dvd you are backing up is less than 4.37g then rip it with dvd decrypter in iso mode.. ounce you have ripped it you can copy it to the blanc dvd with dvd decrypter in iso mode write... if the dvd is larger than 4.37g then you need to rip it with dvd decrypter in file mode if you want to burn it to a dvd disc which is 4.7g....example if the disc you want to copy is 6.5g and you want to put it on a dvd-r 4.7g.
    ounce you have ripped the dvd in file mode you need dvd2one to get the disc to fit onto a 4.7g dvd. with dvd2one you select the source file(folder) ie the ripped dvd which is 6.5g.
    select movie only...next the sound.. either ac2ch or ac5.1ch.
    select the destination folder to where you want to store it then click the arrow pointing to the picture of the hard disc in dvd2one.
    when finished you need nero 6 to burn the files back to a 4.7g dvd.
    in nero select nero burning rom (do not select nero start smart)
    select dvd mode...then dvd video...then new...in the second window from the left in nero right click video ts folder...add files then add all the files that you ripped with dvd2one....once the files are added click recorder up in the top of the window in nero and click burn compilation..thats it... happy backups