1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are my options?

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Quikshot, Dec 10, 2004.

1. Quikshot

Quikshot Guest

I just recently bought a premodded xbox, cause i know my soldering skills are abit rusty. Well, now i have 2 boxes, and I was wondering if there was a way to mod my other box, using my already modded one. Hoping for the possibility, of not needing to take anything apart.

My modded xbox has:
    Modchip: Xenium ICE 2.0 w/200GB HDD
    with Xtender and the original 4 GB HDD
    and I have multiple dashboards, including EvoX.

2. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Nice. I wish I had 200 GB :(

Well, you could softmod. You need 1 out of 3 game exploits to do it. PM me for more details.

I heard that you could mod your xbox with another xbox, but I'm not sure on the details.

3. Quikshot

Quikshot Guest

Question about the softmod exploit options, are they safe? Plus the xbox i'm trying to install a dashboard on has been on live recently. Will that effect which exploit
    that I can use?

4. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

From what I hear, if you use UDE2, then you can still play in LIVE, as long as you had the account activated PRIOR to softmodding.

And yes, it's safe. Just follow the tutorial here and you'll be fine: http://www.how2xbox.com Just let the UDE installer do it's thing and DON'T REBOOT YOUR XBOX UNTIL IT TELLS YOU TO!!!!!

Last edited: Dec 11, 2004
  5. sjchu

sjchu Regular member

SOftmod is pretty save and stable, only thing is that you need to have the game and exploit handy when you need to use it. It's not a straightforward power up and go. Big dis-advantage is that you cannot use a big hard drive easily.

If you had solderless instaled the Xenium ICE, you can try a TSOP flash and move it to the other machine. Some soldering is still needed.

6. Quikshot

Quikshot Guest

I finally got the softmod to work. I used ltools, and got everything running perfectly. I can still go on xbox live, though i'm about to cancel. I can even play backups, though the DVD Drive is having a hard time reading my disc. Anyone know which media type works well with V1.0 XBOX?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2004
  7. animal03

animal03 Member

I did the AUF soft mod, and for the most part got it working. I can play backups of my games but not dvd movies. However, i did hte mod and installed evox before i signed up for xbox live. Will i still be able to suscribe (i wasn't sure if i booted to the MS dashboard after booting to evox if that would work)? If not does anyone know how to easily reinstall the original dashboard? Thanks

8. sjchu

sjchu Regular member

v1.0 xbox comes with thompson DVD drive that does not read CD-R, some of them reads it, but most of them does not. Even if they do read the medai, it's veeeeeerrrry slowwwwwwww. AT the current market price, it's cheaper to get a DVD+/-RW drive at 16X speed than getting a Samsung DVD drive for your xbox. Thompson drive reads DVD+/-R media with less problem. (that's what I heard, havn't tried yet.)