1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are the chances of shy catching a card sharing server?

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by keating99, Dec 29, 2011.

1. keating99

keating99 Member

Well if I had a shy sub. And shared it with some mates. What are the chances of shy catching me?

Thanks for the answers in advance.

2. sb18180

sb18180 Regular member

sharing with mates would be minimal chance but when you start advertising the server and payments get exchanged with strangers via paysmal ect. more easy as you would also have paper trail as well as internet trail.

3. keating99

keating99 Member

Thanks so if I set up just to spread the price of the sub just give my mates the clines I should be ok yeah?

4. sb18180

sb18180 Regular member

theres always a risk.but some of these payservers have thousands of clients making mega money.i have no doubt if shy catch ya you would feel the full force of shy but the big payservers would be their priority.people think it only tv but can lead to a fine/prison or both look at the guys from starview.but there is an up side if you get sent down FREE SHY IN PRISON lol.goodluck.

5. keating99

keating99 Member

Put it this way if i share my card will shy know?

6. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

no how would they, thats the case, they would know anyone who is doing it. Once ya dont start been silly and advertising it or mouthing about it outside your family or friends, believe me, pub talk is the worst for it, some people cant help but be smug and mouth off

7. sb18180

sb18180 Regular member

as mickah says just keep it to the trusted.

8. keating99

keating99 Member

Thanks lads. Yeah Ill just share it with mates.

9. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

one of the simplest methods to identify shares is using port 12000 on your router as the listen port. all tutorials give this port as an example so most newbies set up their shares on this port. This is highly inadvisable. Any sniffing tool would easily identify a share on this basis. There are thousands of ports that can be used so I suggest folk do the sensible thing and use an innocuous port number.

Second issue is the number of ecms the card has to process. Now if you left your slybox on all day long then the max amount of ecms to be processed would be approx 20,000. So if your card is processing 60,000 ecms a day then its a no-brainer that the card is being used in a share.

Large shares overcome this issue by having many many of the same card in the share with each card supplying just a few channels each. This keeps the ECM count down an any one individual card and keeps the large share under the radar.

Those members sharing a card to an unknown user who supplies them with many other channels should realise that their card is likely being used in a big paid share.

This is why many pay servers have such crap tv reception as the person who buys the cline has to go through many hops to get to the box with the card that supplies the necessary decryption information.

Worst of all is that when these pay servers get busted, and be assured they will, then all the card information for the small guy who just wanted a few extra channels will also be sitting on their system.

Never never allow reshare on your card with someone you don't know, that is an absolute no no.

10. keating99

keating99 Member

Thanks again for getting back to me. As you say if i left it on all day that the max amount would be 20,000. So if I share with some mate thats gonna go up alot or ill be ok?

11. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

when you share with friends you make darn sure that when they are not watching tv that they put their box into standby. when their box is on it is constantly requesting ecms from the server card. when in standby it is not requesting ecms. this keeps the total amount of ecms down for the card

12. keating99

keating99 Member

Thanks again