1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are the side affects of downloading DVD ROM firmware

Discussion in 'DVD-ROM drives' started by jbthegrt, Feb 1, 2007.

1. jbthegrt

jbthegrt Member

I cannot booktype my DVD+Rs to DVD ROMs using my DVD recorder. So I used google and found a firmware that will help my Pioneer llld and make it work. But I also read that it can have bad affects on the rest of my computer. So I come down to my question... If something did go wrong would I be able to system restore back 1 day and have the firmaware gone

2. zeiram

zeiram Guest

you have a 50 50 chance of success.I tried to up the firmware on my dvd rom and it failed miserably.My motto goes, if it aint broke dont fix it..

The moral here is i had to get a new one as it turned out the firmware i put in locked it up

3. jbthegrt

jbthegrt Member

Thanks zeiram, I guess I won't then

4. zeiram

zeiram Guest

it may still work but it was gurnard who gave me the info on that my drive was 3 revisions out so when i upgraded i had to change both burner and rom

5. dazila

dazila Regular member

I have upgraded firmware about 30times since 2000 in 6 different drivcees and didnt screw up you ussualy get a benefit ussually better compaitbilty and if luck a speed boost my DL in the samsung went from 2.4x to 4x

6. zeiram

zeiram Guest

that doesnt seem to be much of a benefit, was it really worth it considering you can burn at 16 x