1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question What are the suitable browsers for Windows XP

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by floccinaucini, Nov 14, 2018.

1. aldan

aldan Active member

i just hate to turn down a challange.ive run quite a few xp computers on win10,but like you said,her choice.i really like fooling around with the old stuff.lol

2. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

I have a room filled with old parts that go all the way back to the 90s. I have a PII 366p in a tray only a couple of feet from me, and it still has an $89 price sticker on the inside of the pins. I recently pieced together a Q6600 system, to use to copy different old video tape formats to hard disk for conversion to DVD. I also have Q9550 EO stepping, Q9650 EO, I have the Xeon equivalent of a Q9550 also EO. I can't remember how many dual core processors I have both AMD and Intel, and don't even get me started on discussing RAM and graphics cards. So I get liking to fool around with old stuff because it's kind of hard to avoid when you a piece almost every series going back to the first Pentiums. Some I built into systems and gave away to inner city kids.

3. aldan

aldan Active member

sometimes i really miss my phenom triple core 8650.lol.

4. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

I don't think I have one of those which is fine with me. I really should get a couple of my Core 2 Quads going because they're adequate for the majority of uses. What I have to do is stop shopping for parts. LOL

5. aldan

aldan Active member

my wife really helps me with that one.lol

6. Ajay Dubedi

Ajay Dubedi Newbie

Opera
    Slimjet
    Midori are some of the suitable browsers for windows XP

7. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Generally the lesser known browsers such as Midori piggyback on the code of other browsers such as Safari. That doesn't mean they're not a good idea because they sometimes trim the code and add new features. When you're still using XP you will have to face the possibility of malware and virus threats but I would think that many of those threats are starting to disappear since the operating system is losing users. Why would hackers be interested in a yesteryear operating system considering the decreased number of users? If I was still running XP, I would look for a copy of Firefox version 52.9, because they held on for the longest before ending XP support. When searching for online information you have to take care with net recommendations, because you could be looking at a web article from 2012, and that doesn't tell you anything about 2018/19.