1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what are these files for

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by cocktail, Feb 16, 2005.

1. cocktail

cocktail Member

when i copy a dvd to a folder in my hard drive, i get a lot of different files that dont do anything.....they are: VTS_01_ and VTS_TS type of files and also files that windows doesnt recognize.....these are titled:
    VIDEO_TS_.IFO, VTS_01_0.BUP

whn i click on them nothing happens.....the program that uses it just connects and then nothing.....what am i doing wrong when converting to my HD

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Those files are your DVD!!
    I'm not sure what you used to rip the original DVD to your hard drive or what other programs you might have to be able to give you any sound advise. Sorry my crystal ball is in for repairs ;-) LOL

Maybe this will help you out http://home.comcast.net/~bbmayo/index.html

3. DSYF3R

DSYF3R Regular member

If you are wanting to play the movie on your hard drive you need to open the VIDEO_TS.IFO file with a DVD player like "Power DVD" etc.. this can also be done with Windows Media Player.

4. cocktail

cocktail Member

i DO try to load with Power DVD....that is my main player when i play DVDs.......I use 1 Click Copy for my main copier program....i also have programs: DVD43, Nero6, Iso Buster, DVD Decryptor, Alcohol 120%, I copy DVD's 2, and Copy to DVD SE.

lol....so now what

5. DSYF3R

DSYF3R Regular member

Ok, try this rename VTS_01_1.VOB to VTS_01_1.MPG then double-click it, it should play in Power DVD or Windows Media Player, that will test to see if the video has actually ripped, if it plays good, rename it back to the original and re-install power DVD.

ps: How are you trying to get Power DVD to play the files? You should be clicking on the open button, and selecting DVD files on hard drive, then just navigate to the folder it was ripped to and Bob's your Uncle.

6. cocktail

cocktail Member

basically i copy using 1clickcopy and save it to a 1click copy temp folder....once its done loading i can click the folder and there are all the files..some dvd's have only a few and some have a lot more...the movies play fine once you double click on the right files and power dvd automatically opens that selected file.... but all those other files dont do a thing......like i stated earlier, when you click on those other files they are either files that arent recognized by windows(ya know the little pop up that comes up asking if you would like to search the web for the appropriate program), or they try to start up with powder dvd but open and then really quick close....once you find the right file it plays fine....and when i take the whole folder and send it to my dvd drive to burn everything burns fine

7. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

Do some searching to learn what IFO and BUP files are, and then you'll understand their role in a VIDEO_TS folder.