1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are you currently listening to? (Link to lyrics instead of posting them, please)

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by Daniel_G, Aug 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

"RUSH" Snakes & Arrows...

Getting Pumped for Fridays Concert...This will be my 34th RUSH Concert...

2. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

Lp531, there here in Indianapolis in a couple weeks!!! I'm stoked

3. ZeroHour

ZeroHour Guest

its all about the new kia shine cd... i just bought that it is hot as hell

4. Shado36

Shado36 Guest

Return Of The Eagle, Craig Chaquico (from Jefferson Starship/Airplane)

5. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

"INCUBUS" Light Grenades...

Rush was Amazing...As Always...They Are my favorite Live Band...Opened with "Limelight"...ended with..."XYZ"...the opening to "Tom Sawyer" was funny as Hell...All I'm going to say is "Lil Rush"...
    Good to see Rush has a since of humor...since the whole...Blame Canada...Incident...

"Doing the Family Thing"...Is the Band's way of being Nice...Tommy has some problems...Tommy was Fro's Best Man at his Wedding...Hopefully he will get his shit together...

Last edited: Aug 5, 2007
  6. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

Like several trips to rehab Dave Rude has stepped in nicely though and is doing a good job.

Rush here in a couple weeks Lp531!!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2007
  7. onya

onya Guest

[​IMG]

The Honey Drippers Volume 1. Circa 1984. For those that enjoy the vocal talents of Robert Plant esq.

1) I get a thrill
    2) Sea of love
    3) I got a woman
    4) Young boy blues
    5) Rockin' at midnight

......LOL :p

8. Shado36

Shado36 Guest

Genesis Live In Helsinki 11/6/7!! The first of the present tour.

9. MaxBurn

MaxBurn Regular member

Tool - The Pot
    I have a cd i burnt with my version of their best of. Thats one of the songs on it.

10. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Hey there Maxburn - long time no chat!

Great song and cd btw

Soil - Let Go

11. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

"A CHANGE OF PACE" Prepare the Masses...
    "THURSDAY" A City by the Light Divided...
    "BOYS LIKE GIRLS" Self-titled...
    "THE CLASSIC CRIME" Albatross...
    "YELLOWCARD" Lights & Sound...

On my New 5 disc changer...On Random Play...

12. wolfmanz

wolfmanz Regular member

Black Label Society Fire It Up!

Last edited: Aug 16, 2007
  13. MaxBurn

MaxBurn Regular member

Led Zeppelin - When The Levee Breaks

Hi Binkie7 :)
    I figured out why i like soo many different kinds/types of music. It must be the individual tastes of all the different voices/personalities in my head. Whatever type of music is playing, there is a voice/personality in my head that likes it. Simple really, dont know why i didnt think of it earlier...

14. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

"A PERFECT CIRCLE" Mer De Nomes...
    "JOE SATRIANI" The Extremist...
    "STONE TEMPLE PILOTS" Core...
    "METALLICA" Re-load...
    "TOOL" Aenima...
    "LYNCH PILSON" Wicked Underground...

On Random Play...

15. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

Black Sabbath

The Sign Of The Southern Cross

from the Mob Rules album 1981

[​IMG]

16. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

Max Roach Dies
    Updated 11:57 PDT Thu, Aug 16 2007

Max Roach, the master percussionist whose rhythmic innovations and improvisations defined bebop jazz during a wide-ranging career where he collaborated with artists from Duke Ellington to rapper Fab Five Freddy, has died after a long illness. He was 83.
    The self-taught musical prodigy died Wednesday night at an undisclosed hospital in Manhattan, said Cem Kurosman, spokesman for Blue Note Records, one of Roach's labels. No additional details were available, he said Thursday.
    Roach received his first musical break at age 16, filling in for three nights in 1940 when Ellington's drummer fell ill.
    Roach's performance led him to the legendary Minton's Playhouse in Harlem, where he joined luminaries Charlie Parker and Dizzy Gillespie in the burgeoning bebop movement. In 1944, Roach joined Gillespie and Coleman Hawkins in one of the first bebop recording sessions.
    What distinguished Roach from other drummers were his fast hands and ability to simultaneously maintain several rhythms. By layering different beats and varying the meter, Roach pushed jazz beyond the boundaries of standard 4/4 time. His dislocated beats helped define bebop.
    Roach's innovative use of cymbals for melodic lines, and tom-toms and bass drums for accents, helped elevate the percussionist from mere timekeeper to featured performer - on a par with the trumpeter and saxophonist.
    "One of the grand masters of our music," Gillespie once observed.
    In a 1988 essay in The New York Times, Wynton Marsalis wrote of Roach: "All great instrumentalists have a superior quality of sound, and his is one of the marvels of contemporary music. ... The roundness and nobility of sound on the drums and the clarity and precision of the cymbals distinguishes Max Roach as a peerless master."
    Throughout the jazz upheaval of the 1940s and '50s, Roach played bebop with the Charlie Parker Quintet and cool bop with the Miles Davis Capitol Orchestra. He joined trumpeter Clifford Brown in playing hard bop, a jazz form that maintained bebop's rhythmic drive while incorporating the blues and gospel.
    In 1952, Roach and bassist-composer Charles Mingus founded Debut Records. Among the short-lived label's releases was a famed 1953 Toronto performance in Massey's Hall, featuring Roach, Mingus, Parker, Gillespie and pianist Bud Powell.
    But by the mid-1950s, Roach had watched several of his friends - including Parker - die from heroin addiction. In 1956, Roach was further devastated when Brown died in a car accident.
    After his own struggle with drugs and alcohol, Roach rebounded with the help of his first wife, singer Abbey Lincoln. Married in 1962, they divorced eight years later.
    Roach re-emerged in the 1960s free jazz era with a new political consciousness. Albums like "We Insist! Max Roach's Freedom Now Suite" reflected his support of black activism.
    Over the next decades, Roach expanded his repertoire and explored new challenges. He taught at the University of Massachusetts, traveled to Ghana in search of new music, and performed with groups from Japan and Cuba.
    He also formed an all-percussion ensemble known as M'Boom, a quartet and a double quartet that included Roach's daughter Maxine Roach on viola.
    Roach even worked with rapper Fab Five Freddy in the early 1980s. Ignoring critics, Roach insisted rap had a place on music's "boundless palette."
    Roach, who in 1988 became the first jazz musician to receive a MacArthur Fellowship "genius award," said his curiosity reflected his sense of obligation to music. He was inducted into the Grammy Hall of Fame in 1995.
    Max Roach was born in New Land, N.C., on Jan. 10, 1924. His family moved four years later to a Brooklyn apartment, where a player piano left by the previous tenants gave Roach his musical introduction.
    Using player piano rolls of Jelly Roll Morton and Albert Ammons, Roach played along by putting his fingers on the keys and pedals as they rose and fell. But he was looking for another instrument to play when he began singing with the children's choir at the Concord Baptist Church.
    Roach found a snare drum, and was hooked. His father gave the eighth-grader his first set of drums, and Roach was drumming professionally while still in high school.
    He was survived by five children: sons Daryl and Raoul, and daughters Maxine, Ayl and Dara.

A Very Sad Day for anyone who Loves the Drum's...Max was a Legend...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wnW2KLWE-g&NR

17. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

18. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

Very Cool...Thats from our local station...Tesla is Playing the State Fair Tonight...I had the opportunity to promote the first show that they would have ever played as Tesla...It would have been their first show after the album came out...I would have had to drop Fro's band to fit them in...and I could not do it...I was good friends with Tesla...but I was Best Friends with Fro's band "JET RED"...It was a New Years Eve show with "Y&T"..."POISON"...& "JET RED"...at the Spanos center in Stockton...The first show "JET RED" did in Sac-to was with "City Kidd" at the Oasis...It was "CITY KIDD"..."JET RED"...& "ZEBRA"...Eric Martin was there from "415"...Jeff worked at the Oasis...He was a Cocktail Waiter...One of the guys from ZEBRA was giving Eric & Jeff shit...till I Punched him out...Thats how I met Jeff & the band...I use to have a bit of a temper...We would go to S.F. all the time to see "Metallica" play in little tiny bars...with only maybe 30 people...Those were Crazy Times...
    Here is a link to an interview with Willie Hines from "JET RED"...Willie is one of my oldest and dearest friends...
    http://www.sleazeroxx.com/interviews/hinesint.shtml

19. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

cool LP531

the band is doing VIP tickets for the rest of the year also at 250.00 a pop lol ,but not for the state fair in your area

20. wolfmanz

wolfmanz Regular member

Guns-N-Roses Nightrain

Last edited: Aug 17, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.