What are you currently listening to? (Link to lyrics instead of posting them, please)

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by Daniel_G, Aug 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hogan

hogan Regular member

I've got a documentary on Thin Lizzy called "Thin Lizzy: A Review 1979 - 1983". It goes through every album and every song on each album and gives a review, as well as old film of the band in the early days. Pretty cool.

Watching and listening to "Eric Johnson: Live From Austin Texas" dvd.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2005
  2. budberner

budberner Guest

I've got 81 at the rockpalast and The live and Dangerous tour. I,ve only got Eric with 3G's. Live music from when I was growing up is my passion. Right now listening to some Terrible Ted from 77 Germany DVD. Flat KICKS ASS. Original band.

3. ireland

ireland Active member

Last edited: Dec 27, 2005
  4. gear79

gear79 Guest

is that a cd with a dial indicator on it ireland?

looks like you have a little bit of runout there...

try taking off that label, it's throwing the disk out of balance, then retest.. my prognosis !!

5. ireland

ireland Active member

gear79
    when i use a cd i do this because of the copy protection,give me my old 78's over cd anytime..
    [​IMG]

6. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

And gear what are YOU listening to? :)

I was listening to Disturbed but now the cd playing is Foo Fighters - In Your Honor

@Hogan
    I have the Thin Lizzy - Promo and Rarities Collection though I need to convert it to NTSC to watch it.

7. budberner

budberner Guest

How about some Krokus or Saxon?

8. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

Ok yeah Thin Lizzy on of my favs. Iam in the Indianapolis,Indiana area but know of all the obscure UK. bands [bold]Eloy[/bold] is another one too check out ,progressive/space rock band from Germany

9. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

@binkie7 - yup, Disturbed's 'Remember' is excellent, though when i listen to Disturbed it's cus i want something loud so tend to play the other tracks more :)

and now i'm in a slighlty mellower mood than usual (quite surprising as i'm at work where i need the loud music) :O

..so it's [bold]Marillion[/bold] with 'Dry Land'. but don't be surprised if Disturbed is back on the playlist before the afternoon is thru :O :O

Last edited: Dec 28, 2005
  10. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

Bow Wow ft Omarion - Let Me Hold You ----> Followed By
    Coolio - Gangsta's Paradise

11. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

I'm old school..... I listen to lots of stuff..... from the 70's to the current..... had over 3000 albums and went to plent of concerts ....... Beatles, Zeplin, Stones..... but love Collective Soul, Disturbed, Perfect Circle, Adema, Audioslave,Blink182, Coldplay, Creed...... just to name a few....... there are plenty more! My ipod has over 4,000 songs in it! Hard to choose from.... I just plug in and listen!

12. gear79

gear79 Guest

@ binkie....... i was listening to slayer... angle of death.

13. binkie7

@Gear79 - pretty heavy stuff!

@IHoe
    Good list of bands there!

Listening to Theory of a Deadman - Say Goodbye

For those rockers out there check out Octane on Sirius radio.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2005
  14. gear79

gear79 Guest

@ binkie

i listen to a lot of metal, rock, some death metal, but mostly whats on the radio now a days.
    i just got a new mp3 player with xm satellite, don't think i am gonna subscribe to it, cuz i have sirius on my satellite at home. but i will install the radio tomorrow, i am off then wooooohooooo.

but i like system of a down, the union underground (you know they are a local band here (from s.a. texas)

sugar is my now new fav... listening to them right now !!

15. binkie7

I'm off all week!!!
    You sound a little like a headbanger yourself there Gear:)

Octane is now playing System of A Down Hypnotize

16. gear79

gear79 Guest

eye is...... binkie.
    been that way since high school, now 13 years later, i still listen to it.
    never gets old !

must be nice to be off all week, just yesterday alone, i flagged as many hours in one day as i did all last week.

17. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

What is a "headbanger"...damn, I'm such an old fart! I'm not into metal anymore...spent my younger years listening to a lot of it and just burned out, I guess. I still listen to a lot of other stuff. Love Jazz if it isn't the dissonant variety, love blues and I'm particularly fond on Johnny Winter who is from Gear's neck of the woods somewhere though his popularity was before his time I suppose. I like some contry western if it isn't too whiney (you know...my wife left me, by dog died bo ho stuff), I LOVE bluegrass and like it when it sort of fuses with cajun stuff. Also like a lot of classical which most people don't like.

First concert I ever went to was The Vanilla Fudge and THe Mothers of Invention warming up for Cream. Saw Joplin hit Morrison over the head with a bottle in NY. Saw a lot of the biggies. Still listen to some of it from time to time.

18. gear79

gear79 Guest

headbanger........ classified back in the day..
    long hair, leather jackets, silver jewelry (mostly rings with skulls and spikes), tattoos, smokes, drinks, sometimes jean jackets with multiple patches of heavy metal bands sewn on, listens to death metal, heavy metal, goes to concerts alot... stuff like that.

now a days, you cant even tell. person could look like bill gates.. total nerd, and be a head banger inside.

bnkie and i are going to see metallica... (when they come here) lol

19. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

@Jerry.... you must be my age...... saw the 18hr concert in 71 at Shea staidum in NY for protest against Vietnam!! Joplin was there a month before she died.... Credence Clearwater, Stepenwolf. Saw the Stones twice..... saw the Beatles at Shea, saw Bangladesh with half the beatles..... was in John Lennon's house in the Decotas.... I took pictures of John Lennon I took myself!!! Anyone who wants a copy PM me I'll be happy to send by email! I seen ever group in the 70's and more! I have ticket stubs dating back to '68! Last concert was Robert Plant at Jones Beach in the 90's. I got burnt out going to concerts. I liked Jimi Hendrix at the Philmore East, too! Been there and done that........ AND i DON'T DO DRUGS ANYMORE EITHER!~ AHAHHAHAHA

20. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@gear...thanks, I know the type; had them in my younger years too...the stepenwolf and black sabbath crowd ... Alice Cooper to a lesser degree. Wasn't ino it though I liked some of the music.

@IHoe:...I saw from your profile that you're only nine months younger than me so I guess we were listening to the same stuff and attending the same type of concerts. One thing I wish they had though was better technology in those days ... it was easy to get caught in the moment but the sound usually sucked big time. Maybe it was me; I've been a musician since I was a kid and always had very discriminating ears. I too have stopped the drugs long ago; only the legal stuff now...have to; got into a nasty accident and have a bum neck and back that raises hell quite often. Actually taking pain medication for pain just isn't the same though lol!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.