1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are you currently listening to? Part 2

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by rav009, Sep 1, 2007.

1. greensman

greensman Regular member

Yes they do. I have their (pantera that is) compilation CD in the car right now. :)

Santana & Rob - Smooth

...gm

2. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

Love Screamo...thats what "ALEXISONFIRE" is...with out the EMO...Its one of the interesting genre of music right now...lots of good bands...Check out "ALEXISONFIRE" This Could be Anywhere...and Boiling Frogs...Good songs and Videos

MUTEMATH has the backwards Video...They performed it Live...Backwards on Jimmy Kimble the other night...It was pretty funny...The Singer reminds me of Richard Patrick from FILTER...

Last edited: Sep 27, 2007
  3. Phlax

Phlax Guest

Screamo isn't too much my thing, bit is OK time to time.. Without the emo bit is always a bonus..

Great track, and I love the vid too :)

The Good Soldier - Nine Inch Nails

4. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

Some OldSkool UK Garage. Reminds me of being like 11/12 :)

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

aabbccdd, who is calling the kettle black aka michaelp1

6. greensman

greensman Regular member

ac/dc - high voltage..........

Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap..... Gotta love them Aussies..... :)

7. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Fleetwood Mac - Tusk

8. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

it was just a guess on my part lol but hey man don't get defensive. the lol means i was poking fun at it is all. its amazing to me what people assume what you're thinking on the internet lol

not anymore huh lol

if you're looking for respect on a forum/website you might look somewhere else lol. and of course you think more of yourself than anybody else i wouldn't aspect anything else.and i could care less what people on a website think of me lol. like its going to affect my life either way not lol

NO i don't like them at all. way to poppy for me. NO pop NO country and definitely NO rap for me no way. Blues/Bluesy/Heavy/Progressive/Hard Rock for me nowadays and some Jazz now and then

greensman try Choo Choo Mama "Ten Years After"

make sure you Sabbath fans check out "Heaven and Hell" ,Sabbath/Dio era Live album release its amazing stuff

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2007
  9. Phlax

Phlax Guest

I'm not being defensive. I'm explaining the situation now that you brought it up.

No, but that wasn't the point to begin with. Obviously someone with as little for a brain as you can't quite comprehend that, but that's alright.

Jeez, put any more words into my mouth and I'll be talking out of my arse in no time. I'm not looking for respect, I think I made that quite clear in "Ripper's" post when the alias was banned. However, what you may have difficulty realising is that respect is often brought upon by helpful posting and an otherwise decent attitude around the forums; it comes with the parcel. And you're right, it'll affect your life as little as it will mine; I could quit posting here today, but as I've made clear in PMs to a few here, I'm only sticking around for the people I get on with around here and enjoy conversing with and helping out the few that deserve it.

I have no problem with you aabbccdd; Ripper had a problem with you. The fact you wish to keep the tensions with myself, even under a new alias, suggests to me that it's somewhat personal. And there's you saying the internet doesn't affect your life.. For shame.

Anyway, I'm done on the matter. If you want to continue this then send me a PM, as I don't want to clutter the thread anymore.

I think that our clear age difference is what separates our musical tastes. Agreed some of the modern "pop" and "rock" music that comes out today is hardly very listenable or musical, but still, there is good music outside of your preferred genres.

What I'm listening to:

Let It Die - Foo Fighters

How ironic..

10. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

yes correct i don't think theres to many 49 year old white guys listening to rap etc. lol. there is only a handful of new bands nowadays i like. Tool and Dream Theater being the best of the best in the last 10 years or so

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2007
  11. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

"CHEVELLE" Vena Sera...My Favorite Band...and I'm 47...But by No Means Typical...LOL..:)
    My Favorite Music is always whats Current...Always has been...Always will be...
    Going to see Joe Bonamassa tomorrow night...

12. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

let me know how that show is LP531. going to Chicago next month to see Joe

and on the other side of that i listen to almost nothing current or new bands anyway

13. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

It goes with the Job...No one I know listens to the Stuff I do except for maybe my Nephews and Nieces...I'm always turning them on to new Bands...

14. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

I've been listening to a lot of Distubed these days. I like Remember.

15. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

Dream Theater

The Dark Eternal Night In-Studio

from there new album Systematic Chaos 2007

http://youtube.com/watch?v=EkF4JD2rO3Q

John Petrucci (7 String Guitar)

Mike Portnoy (Drums, Percussion and Vocals) the most talented drummer on earth!! man that kit is sooo badass, sorry Neil Peart

John Myung (Bass)

Jordan Rudess (Keyboards and Continuum)

James LaBrie (Vocals)

Throw this on and ask yourself why Linkin Park exists…

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2007
  16. WierdName

WierdName Regular member

I'm listening to the hum of the computer's fan but I might put on some Linkin Park.

...Or maybe not... I should probably start working on that paper...

...Nah, bed now, Paper tomorrow.

17. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

What hum? lol
    One of my life's higher priorities (don't laugh) is making sure there's no fan hum to listen to!
    I've nearly succeeded XD

18. greensman

greensman Regular member

Sam you are a strange little man. lol. What's the deal with being OCD about fan noise?? I have 2 computers sitting on my desk at work and they don't create enough noise to bother with. Don't get me wrong they MAKE noise but NOT enough to get me all bothered. hehehe. ;P

Jay Z - Show me what you got.......

...gm

19. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

I have sort of tone-sensitive hearing, and consequently a background noise will always bug me. It's just so much more pleasant being in a near-silent room when using a PC.

20. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

I didn't know John Petrucci played drums.