1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are you currently listening to? Part 2

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by rav009, Sep 1, 2007.

1. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

Last edited: Sep 11, 2008
  2. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

Well heck yeah! Always welcome another Savatage fan!

3. wolfcraft

wolfcraft Guest

Hells Yeah the Cro-Mags! Although I was always more partial to the Misfits (danzig era) and the Ramones. Glad to see some Sava fans exist! Im pretty much a minority, or it seems that way as most of my friends go with what is (or was) the popular stuff. Dont get me wrong I do sometimes too, but Id rather take a chance on a band Ive never heard of or is non mainstream to at least see if I dig it.

Listening to today: Judas Priest "Nostradamus" AWESOME concept lp!

Holy kidcrap Im blown away by it. JP threw down intellectually and musically on this one.

4. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

yeah i haven't picked up the new JP album as of yet, all the reviews are great on it, going to look on e-bay now!

5. WierdName

WierdName Regular member

A drum cover by Cobus Potgieter of Face Down by the Red Jumpsuit Apparatus. There's a lower quality upload on Youtube.

6. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

Last edited: Sep 13, 2008
  7. ChrisC586

ChrisC586 Regular member

8. ChrisC586

ChrisC586 Regular member

9. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

10. wolfcraft

wolfcraft Guest

ZZ TOP rocks! It strange you mention them as just the other day I threw in "Afterburner" as I had a craving to hear "velcro Fly" Don't ask me why, as it has to be lyrically one of thier worst LMAO But, I was craving the riff...plus it made my wife ask wtf I was playing,thats always a bonus!

Also, have to comment on "the Wizard". Awesome song and fantastic underated band. Have to say, the people on AD..ZosoIV,wierdname etc.
    have some INCREDIBLE tastes.

Today Im catching up on TWIT (this week in tech). Im adding that as Im listening to it, as I do usually all week long.

Music Ive played this morning:

Hammerfall,Kamelot,Type O Negative,Moonpell,Dragonforce,The Who,and Jane's Addiction. All on a mix cd I threw to shuffle while cleaning out a closet lol

11. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

Last edited: Sep 14, 2008
  12. WierdName

WierdName Regular member

@Wolfcraft- Thanks for the complement. I don't know about 'awesome' taste, but I don't exactly like most of the radio crap. The better bands seem to require some looking around to find.

Was listening to Brian Regan's I walked on the Moon, but now it's Bad to the Bone by George Thorogood. Brian Regan by the way, is a great comedian. He's living proof you don't need excessive profanity and rude themes to get a good laugh. His latest work "The Epitome of Hyperbole" is pretty good.

13. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

Iron Maiden ~ Wasting Love

14. wolfcraft

wolfcraft Guest

NP guys. and weirdname, if you guys knew me better as my close friends do youd be laughing..I am constantly preaching about the "crap" on the "popular radio". Im an old school rock and metalhead. Some new bands I like, but as a whole I think most of waht has and probably will be played on radio top 40 is illiterate and plastic. I refuse to be labeled, I listen to literally everything from White Zombie and Cradle of Filth to Mozart and Paganini. Hell the only bands I dont like are Steely Dan and...well..maybe just Steely Dan LOL

Hey Zoso! Right on! I live in NWI but have traveled there a coupla times. I always wanted to be a DJ growing up, let ppl talk me out of it sadly. S'ok, now Im just another nerdy aspiring IT guy with a chip on his shoulder lol.

Listening to: Celtic Woman ....yeah..I said it. Watching a special on PBS, c'mon theyre HOT! Me likes the chubby one! LMAO

15. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

I'm with ya on the new stuff wolfcraft 99% of it i can't relate to it just doesn't have the emotion/feeling/soul the older bands do and to me most of it sounds the same. alot of people i know think i come across arrogant/opinionated about music but its hard not to be with the knowledge i have about the subject. but the bottom line people like what they like.I try to set them straight lol.

fIREHOSE

Down With The Bass

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jd-VSJ0pQ9g&feature=related

Last edited: Sep 15, 2008
  16. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

Where abouts Wolcraft?

Tried on the new Metallica album Death Magnetic

Not impressed, but still in a Metallica Mood.

Metallica ~ Dyers Eve

17. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

The Slip - Even Rats

18. wolfcraft

wolfcraft Guest

hey 7thsinger! I'm about 40 minutes shy of Chicago in Merrillville In. near Crown Point. Im waiting fo reviews on Death magnetic myself. After "Reload" they lost me. I even liked Load..but after that I just saw a lack of inspiration both lyrically and musically. I'm hoping theyve cranked one out like the old glory days.

Today been listening to:

Saigon Kick

heres a great cover of Space Oddity (Bowie)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2J209-LNK6g

and Hostile Youth
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orOiUecSbPY

These guys were one of most SEVERELY underrated bands of the 80s and 90s. Very Sad. S'ok...the best thing you can do to honor the bands you love that never got enough airplay, or a chance..is to KEEP PLAYING, PLAY THEM LOUD, and SPREAD THEIR NAME ;)

19. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

Last edited: Sep 18, 2008
  20. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

@Wolcraft
    I work in Valpo, not to far at all from you. And Hostile Youth is a good pick. Good band, shame they didn't go farther.

Metallica is done. Their new album is better than St. Anger, but not by a whole lot IMO.

@Zoso, another good DT song buddy.

Queensryche ~ Empire