1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are you currently listening to? Part 2

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by rav009, Sep 1, 2007.

1. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Static

not your 'typical' music... :p

2. wolfcraft

wolfcraft Guest

Thats so kool 7thsinger! Proves its a small world!!!! I drove through Valpo today as my sister lives out there.

Dont know if youve ever eaten there, but until 2 years ago she owned Dawns Diner out there near the main square until she decided she wanted to give up the business.

6 degrees of separation works huh guys? Been visiting this site for 3 years and finally decided to join recently..who knew Id meet people that close and in my same state?? TOO KOOL!

Well, today I havent listened to much music.. Im a fanatic of Coast to Coast AM and listen to it religiously, even though I dont care for the host as much as I did the original Art Bell. So I spen time catching up on this weeks shows.

However, when I woke up I did take a looksy to see what new videos we had on ON DEMAND and they added two veterans.

Lizzy Borden
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4XI76ooNAE

new album great new song!!!! I missed this somehow.

and

Whitesnake
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qp_uV83bwuQ

Lay Down Your Love OMG sounds EXCELLENT.

Honestly Coverdale looks like total and complete shite' but his vocals havent changed AT ALL. I think Im going to sample some more to make sure and may go to Best Buy and purchase these 2 lps.
    Thinking this new Whitsnake may even be a vinyl purchase..it has "that sound" y'know? If youre a HUGE fan the st lp, youll love it!!!

OK, ranted long enough..thanks for listening to my dribble..glad you guys are here as my wife is sick of hearing my "new finds" all the time LMAO

3. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

4. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

As in Dawns Diner and Catering? Yeah, i know the place. Small world.

Lizzy Borden ~ One False Move

The harmonies are great in this one.

5. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

Last edited: Sep 21, 2008
  6. engage16

engage16 Regular member

Benevolence -- V-Mob

They're a small time band with a sound quite like Slipknot... Their big claim to internet fame is their song 'Feel No Shame' which is usually missmarked as being by Slipknot and Korn...

On a side note: Can't really find anything about by guys online otherwise. Nothing on any of the usual networks. The few songs I do have sound like there about 32kbp/s... lol

7. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Metallica - That Was Just Your Life, from the awesome new Death Magnetic album

[​IMG]

This album definitely sounds like some of their first albums, makes me feel a little old to realise those albums are like 20years old now!!. Anyways, a fantastic album, am really pleased it sounds like the old stuff, brings back great memories, just a shame it was mixed so poorly; just been reading about it on the internet, there's a lot of people out there moaning about the mixing, really off-putting using headphones. Ah well, music like this is supposed to be played on big speakers anyway :p

8. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

9. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

@Creaky

While i was certainly more pleased with Death Magnetic than i was with that drivel of an album St. Anger, i still miss the old stuff. The new one is alright, but very poor mixing as you mentioned. They're just lacking some of the melodies and intricate guitar stuff that made them gods way back when. At least in my opinion anyway.

10. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

I couldn't get into St. Anger (could anyone ? LOL). I don't recognise some of the band names you guys have been posting lately, am just glad to have an album that reminds me of my 'youf' :)

edit- don't you just love google, it seems the Death Magnetic tracks off the game Guitar Hero 3 were mixed much much better apparently and are out there. Maybe they'll end up in the shops somewhere :)

Last edited: Sep 24, 2008
  11. engage16

engage16 Regular member

Death Magnetic was a great sigh of relief after St Anger... Lets hope they have a few more in them like this... I got tickets to the show in Boston. Was going to StubHub GA tickets for the show in Jersey but my buddy backed out cuz he's an idiot...

Listening to: 'Through The Eyes Of God' -- Fear My Thoughts

Really good album, more of a Metal sound than their old Black Metal sound. Look around for it, well worth it...

12. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

Last edited: Sep 25, 2008
  13. LOCOENG

14. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

Pantera ~ This Love

15. wolfcraft

wolfcraft Guest

Southern Culture on the Skids... awesome band!! Too bad mainstream radio didnt give them a chance either, oh well..thank Gods times have changed now and even if its not getting airplay its out there somewhere

WITHIN TEMPTATION~ BLACK SYMPHONY

Oh My God..thats all I can say. Got the DVD, and Im in awe. Best shot DVD Ive seen concert wise in a long while and it's..well..Im at a loss for words. If youre a fan of this band its a must have. If youre in love and giving tongue to symphonic metal, or enjoy progressive "thinking mans" rock (ie: savatage, Dream Theater,Symphony X) then check them out. They play live with The Metropole Orchestra.

Heres a link to "What Have You Done"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEgXDhiayz4

and "Our Solemn Hour"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7CSr82D0Do

two of my faves, but seriously..the vids are kool but this live lp and dvd rock toooo hard!

16. onya

onya Guest

You must be talkin' 'bout the anticipated Led Zep tour?

Buy the older stuff now...coz when the dates are announced.......the prices will be a shocker (just like the ticket prices.....eh varnull?).

Physical grafitti ...their best effort by far imho.

Cheers one and all.

17. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

Official Statement - "ROBERT PLANT Will Not Be Touring Or Recording With LED ZEPPELIN"

The following story is courtesy of Ian Youngs from BBC News:

LED ZEPPELIN frontman Robert Plant has scotched rumours that he is to tour with the band, describing speculation as "frustrating and ridiculous".

Last week, The Sun newspaper reported that he had agreed to a reunion tour.

But he has not and will not go on the road with anyone for at least two years after finishing US dates with ALISON KRAUSS on 5 October, a statement said.

"Contrary to a spate of recent reports, Robert Plant will not be touring or recording with Led Zeppelin," it said.

"Anyone buying tickets online to any such event will be buying bogus tickets."

The rock legends got back together for a one-off concert, their first for 19 years, in London last December.

At the time, promoters said 20 million people tried to register for tickets as soon as they became available.

Speculation has since been rife that the surviving members of the band, with Jason Bonham, son of their late drummer John, would hit the road for a highly lucrative tour.

"It's both frustrating and ridiculous for this story to continue to rear its head when all the musicians that surround the story are keen to get on with their individual projects and move forward," Plant said.

"I wish Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and Jason Bonham nothing but success with any future projects." So looks like its not going to happen guys

18. LOCOENG

Bummer....but on the other hand I could really care less as I would have never paid the exorbitant ticket costs to see them live. Zep will continue to be one of my all time favorites though.

19. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

Definite shame there. But, like LOCO, i wouldn't have been willing nor able to pay what the ticket prices would most likely go for.

Savatage ~ Awaken
    From Poets and Madmen

20. engage16

engage16 Regular member

The Outsider -- A Perfect Circle

Gotta love the video... "Ladies come out with your hands up and your tops off!"