1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are you currently listening to? Part 2

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by rav009, Sep 1, 2007.

1. Jeffrey_P

Jeffrey_P Regular member

Sorry double post
    Jeff

Last edited: Aug 19, 2011
  2. Jeffrey_P

Jeffrey_P Regular member

3. FredBun

FredBun Active member

Garmon quote @Fred
    1219 Dual sitting just to my right going on 40 years next year. Replaced EXPENSIVE cartridges two times in all those years. The other I have is one step down 1218? My Sansui Quad 4 channel amp still works. Mine came thru Pacex catalog from Tokyo to Euijongbu, So K.

YES Close to the Edge

I'll be damed lol, I also have the Qhad 4 sui, and yes it still works even though I don't use it anymore, I also still have my Akai real to real with it's owm built in amp that I still use at parties, everybody and thier mother tries to buy it from me, and my trusty Pioneer SX9000 Amp with reverb, that sucker as far as power can still outperform all these modern amps, plus other units, does this bring back memories lol, got them all at different army px's at prices that would not be believable so no need to mention.

I also was lucky enought to buy a ton of albums over there, 99 cents each, Joplin, Steppenwolf, Cream, Sly, Grand Funk, CCR, The Dead, Moody Blues, on and on, plus I'm a huge Blues buff and of course my oldies, makes me wanna break out all my stuff and reminisce.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2011
  4. 2dogsfighting71

2dogsfighting71 Regular member

5. Jeffrey_P

Jeffrey_P Regular member

Lynyrd Skynyrd
    "That Smell"

6. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

My Pioneer SX9000 is sitting about 20' behind me! My Akai reel to reel, is a deck, and one of the boards in it, died years ago. Akai was sold in the U.S. as Roberts, but I got mine from the PX in Binh Thuy, down in the Delta.

My Pioneer amp, Garrard turntable, and Pioneer CS-99 speakers, I got from PACEX out of Japan.

The Garrard SL95B died after 8 years of use.

7. FredBun

FredBun Active member

GrandpaBruce, this is getting better by the post, I also owned those exact pioneer speakers, I bought the pair when we had a short stint in Okinawa, got them from Kadina Air Base PX, I gave them to my brother in law, he is a carpenter & cabinet maker, he refurbished the duo, is sat in my garage for years, almost started to rot, made them look like new and still has them and they work great, the woodwork on them are fabulous, and man were they heavy.

My buddy from beantown in the cubicle next to me in Na Trang had the Garrard turntable, I don't know if it was the same model but it was a nice turntable. It's amazing how most of these units still work after 45 years or so.

8. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

I have one of the rare black faced Pioneer SX-770 receivers. The dual 1219 is attached to it and it to two 10" low efficiency KLH speakers circa 1970.My parents had them until they died, now I got them back and have placed a lot of LPs onto HDD as mp3s with it. I finally threw away my quad channel Akai deck and Sony tape decks. I had over 120 7" reels(front and back) of music go bad because of age-iron oxide degradation. But my LPs which were rarely played are in excellent shape.

Silence as in quiet!

9. Jeffrey_P

Jeffrey_P Regular member

Last edited: Aug 20, 2011
  10. FredBun

FredBun Active member

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hear ya garmoon, I also lost most of my real to real tapes, I had about 50, most just deteriorated, I did keep a couple as they still play, but not my LP's, you won't find a finger print on mine let alone a scratch, plus I still have about 20 LP's from my overseas collection that are still in wrappers un-opened, my friends keep freaking out over that lol.

I still keep in touch with many of my service buddies, all of us brought back equipment with us, and for those that don't understand how can you fit tons of equipment in a duffle bag, no that's not how it worked back than, I don't how it works now but back than you were allowed so many pounds shipped home free, and if you were an e-5 or above you could ship unlimited poundage free, as in my case I shipped appliances, furniture etc. reason everything there was discounted more than half the price or more, American made stuff shipped to army px's, as I exited the service, it took about three months, than one day an 18 wheeler showed up at my door, two huge conex boxes, all free, that was nice. All of my service buddies, their equipment has been long gone, I have been the only one that kept mine in shape, are they jealous? you bet they are lol.

I never thought in my wildest dreams I would ever hear about others owning this same equipment, really made my day.

11. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@fred and grandpa

This stuff may outlast me. Remember the Sansui reverb unit -that still works. I shipped over 1 ton free home from Korea. Came by boat and then semi shows up. One day we can talk about cameras! LOL I was Mr. Gadget Man. Good to know others prize their old electronics.

Garth Brooks Thunder Rolls ripping wife's new Garth Brooks cd ultimate hits.

12. FredBun

FredBun Active member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You betcha garmoon, one day lets do that, my camera experiance is kinda nill, but never to late to learn new things. And yes I do remember that sui.

13. 2dogsfighting71

Last edited: Aug 20, 2011
  14. ZCONCEPT

ZCONCEPT Member

I consider this photo of Madonna to be a true work of art :

[​IMG]

Here's the link to a Madonna video I consider to be a work of art
    ( even if it was voted the least sexy of all Madonna videos ) :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDwb9jOVRtU
    Madonna - " Hung Up " (video).
    Duration: 5 min. 27 seconds.
    Added to YouTube on October 26, 2009 by warnerbrosrecords.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This is my answer to Jeffrey_P ( post #1802 ) at top of this page.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjjDmX9Tkss&feature=related
    This link takes you to:
    The Velvet Underground & Nico - " FEMME FATALE " 1975.
    Duration: 2 min. 52 seconds.
    Added to YouTube on March 19, 2007 by kerenbei.
    ( very cool to watch an early video of this awesome group ).

Signed: Robert Singletary__Sunday August 21, 2011__2:15 P.M.
    (eastern standard time) USA

Last edited: Aug 21, 2011
  15. Shado36

Shado36 Guest

16. 2dogsfighting71

17. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Ring of Fire Johnny Cash

18. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Last edited: Aug 24, 2011
  19. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

20. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Eh hem. I think I like number 3 the most ;) Gives me an idea for a wallpaper :D

Thanks sam! I love techno!

Last edited: Aug 24, 2011