1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What areas of the site need further development?

Discussion in 'AfterDawn feedback & suggestions' started by dRD, Mar 29, 2001.

1. Yashichi

Yashichi Member

Might not be such a good idea for you to post that in public. Maybe you should delete your post and mine that follows.

Seriously, that shouldn't be public information.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

last time I connected to site admin was june 2019 about spammer issue & since then all quiet on the eastern front as in Finland.

3. Yashichi

Yashichi Member

Yes, I know the company location is Finland, but I don't remember if the server is there. In fact, I have been watching very closely the last few days the security talks about Finland's defense arrangements. And it is the location of Finland why I shifted my focus to this community after my last research and posts at an admin's community, which you are free to go look at.

But I am surprised by what I seem to be up against here. Sort of reminds me of what a cherry tree looks like after all those cute flowers fall off --- just like any other tree. Cherry trees really aren't so special after all the cute flowers fall off. I'm worried if all the cute flowers have departed this community. I was hoping not when I wrote something a week or so ago about seeing whether this community is really "dead" --- although I don't like that word "dead".

Listen, I have ways to get things done off the Net, too. I can get somebody to find some admin folks, or owners, if anyone thinks it is worth the effort and expense. It will cost me to do it, but maybe I won't mind. Old folks like me pick up favor chits along the path of life and I still have a few folks that owe me a favor or two.

EDIT: MY GOODNESS!! Now that same popup is showing when I try to edit the 'something a' mistake I typed. Let us see if this edit helps change the software's "thinking".

Well - well - well!!! I was allowed to not only fix my grammar above, but add that edit. And I'll try to add this. BUT I do have the screen grab of that popup right here in this thread. My goodness, this software is having fun with us humans. Maybe the AI is getting the creativity bug and that would be so dangerous. AI with creativity ability would be so bad for us poor humans.

Last edited: May 12, 2022
  4. ddp

is not worth the effort and expense because if the owner wanted to, he would have already shown up when site was having spammer attacks. I am just surprised the site has not crashed due to any server issues.

5. Yashichi

Yashichi Member

I appreciate the advice, but being a stubborn ole mule I decided to try a little bit of the 'No Expense' way and got this:

That was the email address (Politely added some 'x' to that.) on the "Contact Us" page and it seems that sure is a non-starter.

But I did add one other email address into the "To" field and no rejection of that one, yet.

Sure is getting interesting.

6. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

I wonder if it's possible to hold a forum seance just in case we are no longer a community with the living? On another note it seems that ddp has just risen from the beyond.:D

Last edited: May 12, 2022
  7. ddp

I've been back since Feb with 4 days in hospital in the middle of that month.

8. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

I was away from March 13, until April 26, so I might have missed your return.

9. ddp

how could you know of my return as last night was 1st time I posted since last year.

10. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

I didn't know, I just accepted that you had been when you wrote this .