1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What bios should I use for the excuter 2.6 xbox v 1.6????

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by ccommcomm, Dec 2, 2004.

1. ccommcomm

ccommcomm Guest

I have tried all of the bios that excuter makes and now of them have worked I get a blank screen. does anyone know which bios work for x 2.6 on the 1.6

2. yoyo54321

yoyo54321 Member

m8_16 bios for 1.6

3. electwire

electwire Member

is m_16 any good read some probs i have but afraid to use on my 1.6

4. ccommcomm

ccommcomm Guest

it has worked fine for me.

5. electwire

electwire Member

I tryed to flash my box w/ M8_16 and nothing just turns on and off 2 times and the eject light blinks green and orange ans nothing elce blank screen whats up w/that

6. ccommcomm

ccommcomm Guest

you have to flash it to the second bank.

anyway first turn off your chip and turn your xbox on what happens? if you get an error and your xbox does not work and there is a white number 5 in the top right hand corner. that means you have to lock you hdd.

in order to do that you need to reflash the chip with the correct bios so that you can put a good working bios on it. you will need a programer if you can't access the cromwell bios...

if you can access a the same bios in bank 2 that you had at first. switch to bank two and follow the directions to flash cromwell to banks 1,2 and the m8 bios to the 3,4.

Also get a bios checker to make sure the m8 bios you are using is not corrupt. download the x2bm to load you bios because it comes ready with a bios checker.

if you need a programmer I already have one and can flash it for you with the old cromwell version if you want.

7. electwire

electwire Member

Dose this all still apply w/ X3 1.6 I have a flash manager that the X3 comes with just dosen't flash correctly ill still try what u say thanks

8. electwire

electwire Member

what do i do if i flashed both banks 1,2 and 3,4? am i all done

9. ccommcomm

ccommcomm Guest

if you have banks 12 and 34 flashed with the correct bios that I told you above the yes you are done and you should be able to install it and see if it works
    let me know

10. ccommcomm

ccommcomm Guest

the x3 is different the instucutions I gave you were for the x2.6... you need to look for a different forum because this forum was for the x2.6....