1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What box is best? Total Newb - Getting basic chorus with a PVR -

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by kshocks, Oct 7, 2008.

1. kshocks

kshocks Member

Hi all

I'm a total Newb to all this, my question is this - Which box is best at the moment- i'm reading lots of stuff about Linux, starview, Nokia D Box etc, boxes with hard drives for recording.

I am getting basic chorus in the next few week with view to getting a box, and if i get chorus and one of their PVR boxes for recording is that compatible with any other box or will they work independently I.e. the PVR will only record the basic channels provided by Chorus/NTl.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kshocs

2. Evastar

Evastar Regular member

When you say basic service with Chorus, where are you based, are you talking true cable or mmds?

And is it definitely Chorus and not Ntl?

3. kshocks

kshocks Member

Thanks for the reply dude.

Its the basic digital package €20 i think - im based in portlaoise and its defo cable and not MMDS - the house is wired with fibre optic - we were supposed to get full magnet package but it fell through for the estate so now Chorus are offering cable digital service.

I'm thinking about getting their PVR box but want to find out if it will record all chanels that come through the other decoder or if it will just work with the chorus box and which is the best box to get.

Kshocks