1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what box to get? (for sky)

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by rhearn69, Sep 28, 2011.

1. rhearn69

rhearn69 Member

i'm looking to get some cardsharing going in the next week or two but need to get a box first, i know about the dream boxes but i have also heard of Spiderbox and Openbox, are these the same as the dream box or will they not work with a sky cardshare?

any help on this matter would be great
    Cheers
    Russell

Last edited: Sep 28, 2011
  2. rhearn69

rhearn69 Member

3. piopat

piopat Active member

a bit more info mate ,what is your budget ? ,do you want hd ?,etc . when buying a box you need to also consider how well supported a box is ,without doubt the dreambox has the best support .

4. cactikid

cactikid Active member

for people today to buy a sd not hd box i would suggest to budget more and start off with a fixed dish with a quad lnb and a box that has pvr for recording just a thought.look into the blade 7000 also,many posts around for that.

5. rhearn69

rhearn69 Member

yeh not looking for HD at the moment so i'm thinking of getting the 500s as im only setting it up to see what it is like and then upgrade to the HD if i like it, While i've been waiting on a reply i've decided to go with the Dreambox as they have the best support as you say, I've seen a few sites that are selling the Dreambox but not sure how reputible they are

6. piopat

piopat Active member

who ever you buy from if you pay via paypal if you should have a problem with the box or supplier paypal will help you get your money back ,a paypal account is free .once you have purchased your dm500s click on the last link in my signature area ,its a link to my tutorial . and if you have any questions feel free to ask .

7. cactikid

cactikid Active member

for anybody not to like hd is like black and white tv and colour tv,if you go into a tv shop more than likely they are showing hd content,there are loads of hd channels available
    to view if you have a hd box.

are the dm now clones?

8. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

most dms are available as clones if that is what you mean. the dm500 is a clone as dream no longer produces it. the dm500hd, dm800hd, dm8000hd are now all available as clones. the dm7020hd is only currently available by dream and awaits cloning