1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Browser Do You Use?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Balable, Mar 22, 2005.

1. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

No problem...sorry it didn't work out.

2. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

I use firefox 1.0.2 as I like the extra security, tabbed browsing, and most of all its not an M$ product. :D

3. Xian

Xian Regular member

Opera for me. Always the first to come out with innovations that the others copy, like tabbed browsing, mouse gestures, popup blocking, etc. It is also the fastest rendering browser and uses less memory footprint than the others. I find it has a lot more customizable options. Some are turned off by the fact that it is not free, however they do have a free version that puts a small advert in a corner of the window, much smaller than the banner ads or other adverts you see on most websites these days so it shouldn't be any more noticeable than those. I paid for it to support them so I don't get the ads. I think it was one piece of software well worth supporting.

4. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

Heard about that.

But I was wondering...how come it isn't getting as much exposure as Firefox?

I heard it was good, so what's the deal?

Unless you like read computer mags and keep up to date with it, usually there is no mention of it.

I got the PC World issue, where it mentioned the browser wars, and it was mentioned in it, but in the next issue, everyone was putting all the emphasis on Firefox.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2005
  5. Buik

Buik Regular member

Fire Fox all the way.

BTW, if anyone using the links for Fire Fox, please take not that it is for FF 1.0.1. Go to the "Software HomePage" to actually download V1.0.2.

Also, consider adding "SpoofStick" from the security section to your toolbar. It's nice to see what website you are actually on. No "Phishing" for me.

TC

6. Buik

Buik Regular member

7. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

NICE!

Had to throw that in my favorites. :)

8. kyle_101

kyle_101 Guest

I was just wondering if I use my isp for web browsing and by the way my Isp is AOL is that ok or should i use firefox and what would the difference be??

9. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

Sure, there is nothing wrong with it...except, why would you use AOL's Browser, no offense.

Definately! IE is still full of holes, but some people prefer it. I just heard some REALLY good info on OPERA, so that is a pretty good choice as well.

ALOT! Download it...and see for yourself. You will notice a big difference. I know when I had AOL, I was using there online browser, then started using IE, that was a big difference, but now, I have sworn off IE except to do MICROSOFT updates or need it for an emergency.

Try it out and see if you like it.

;)

10. RedAnt

RedAnt Regular member

venomX05 has a point, I use Firefox (at work and home)and firefox is better then IE6 but you do need IE to do all your windows updates as windows refuses to update with Firefox. Other that for updates I don’t use IE.

11. kyle_101

kyle_101 Guest

Thanks for th einfo guys

I will give it a try tonight and see if i prefer it.

12. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

Hope you like it!