1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what can i do with drm protected songs??

Discussion in 'Audio' started by punx777, Jan 20, 2005.

1. punx777

punx777 Regular member

hey... what can i do with drm protected songs, i dont understand it at all??? can i burn a cd with it? can i put it on my mp3 player, take it to a friends, and burn a cd with the file?

2. diabolos

diabolos Guest

Sup punx777,

What type of file is it (iTunes, Napster, ect...)? With iTunes (and other Music downloading stores) you can burn them to disc and upload them to an iPod. When you create an account with iTunes it tells you that up-too five computers (not counting iPods) can be authorized to play the downloaded files (.M4P). The catch with iTunes is that the iPod is the only player that is able to decode AAC files.

As far as your friend's PC, you can authorize there computer to play and burn the files you have bought but it will subtract from the total of five (four plus yours) that can play and burn the files.

Now, it is illegal to convert, edit, or do anything other than burn and play the DRM protected files on authorized computers. As such, no legally distributed app will allow you to do those illegal things.

Ced

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2005
  3. punx777

punx777 Regular member

hey, walmart.com has songs for 88 cents a piece :)..

if i put the song on my mp3 player, could i take the mp3 player to another computer and copy that file? or is the file still copy protected?

4. punx777

punx777 Regular member

okay.... i bought a song from walmart and burnt it to a disk, then synced it to my mp3 player, on my mp3 player i went to it and hit play. all it did was go to the next song... that pissd me off.

so, i took the burnt cd, copied it to the computer (therefore removing any drm) and put that file on the mp3 player and it worked:).. why wouldnt it play the first time i synced it?