1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WHAT CHIPS IS BETTER IM NOT SURE

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by CELOR, May 18, 2007.

1. CELOR

CELOR Member

IM LOOKIN TO BUY ONE OF THE MOD CHIPS FOR NDS LITE BUT THERES A BUNCH AND I WANT ONES THAT EITHERE THE BEST OR GOOD ENOUGH AND NOT EXPENSEVE

2. mark5hs

mark5hs Guest

theyre not mod chips, theyre adapters. the best is M3, if you want to play GBA games in addition to DS games, get an M3 Lite and passcard 3. if you just want to play ds games get an m3 simply, it is cheaper than m3 lite and simpler to use but has no GBA support as it goes in the DS slot (youd be just as well off with an R4 if you want to get one of those). both of those will use micro sd cards. and, by the way, the penguins in Antarctica pwn you because they dont spell in all caps.

3. larrylje

larrylje Active member

The site below has an R4DS for only $43.95 with a 1GB Micro SD card and free shipping. You can play DS games/Movies/Music/Emulators

http://dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1899

M3 and R4 are pretty much the same. They are made from the same manufacture. They actually use the same board in the cart. There are soldering points that make an R4 an R4 and an M3 an M3.

There was a time when you could make an R4 an M3 or vice-versa. All you had to do is unsolder point 1 from point 2 and bridge point 2 to point 3 to change the cart to the other. They changed the board design since then so this could not be done.

Last edited: May 18, 2007
  4. CELOR

CELOR Member

thanx for the info and the link to get it ... i got a question can u download NDS games and put them on that and play them?

5. Clexx

Clexx Member

sure, you can.. there are many sites which offer nds roms for free, such as frozen-roms.net

6. CELOR

CELOR Member

its there any other sites?? r u sure thats the bext adapter R4DS??? cuz im goin to buy problly this week or today and i need no if thats really good

7. woof811

woof811 Regular member

8. woof811

woof811 Regular member

p.s. dont forget that with a r4ds you will also need a micro sd memory card , this stores all the roms on , i recommend at least a 1 gig micro sd memory card !

cheapest place see ebay .

9. mark5hs

mark5hs Guest