1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What did I do?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by Mrfixitup, Apr 2, 2006.

1. Mrfixitup

Mrfixitup Member

I was trying to upgrade the hard drive. I am using slayers 2.6. I backed up my C: and E: drive first. When I put the new drive in, the boot CD would no longer run. I thought, 'Fine, I'll just put the original back in and reformat it with all of the slayers software". I had some wierd software on there before. I put the drive back in and selected to format the retail drive. it was supposed to format and load all of the software - I believe it did. Everything looked like it went well. When it finished, I rebooted the xbox without the boot disk in it, hoping to see the evox dash start up. All I saw was the MS dash. My xbox appears to be returned to the stock version. Is there anything I can do to FTP the backup onto the hard drive again? I am not sure I understand what happened. I thought I had a modchip. I guess I was wrong.

2. Mrfixitup

Mrfixitup Member

This might be a dumb question, but I have to ask, Could I put my xbox hard drive into my pc and restore the C: and e: drives that way?

3. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Ok is your xbox back to virgin now? do you have splinter cell? I try if you can access to the linux file in the xbox through splinter cell. Just read the tutor to see how to splinter cell to load linux file. DO NOT DO ANYTHING ELSE YET.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/311710

4. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Does xbox read Slayer disk?

5. Mrfixitup

Mrfixitup Member

xbox will not read slayer disk in it's virgin state. I also learned that it will not play my authentic games because they are not the right region. This box was made in China. I bought it in Iraq, new. I thought it had a chip because the screws on the case had been removed at one time. It must have been soft-modded so it could play all of the bootleg games they sell in Iraq. I think I'm stuck here.

6. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

7. Mrfixitup

Mrfixitup Member

I went to a local gameshop. They have splintercell, but my box will not read it. My box wants a disc from a different region.(like china) All of my authentic games get the same message when I try to play them. The Slayers disc gets a message that it is not an xbox game, or an audio CD. I might change my name to Mrmessitup.

8. tocool4u

tocool4u Guest

Huh? how don't you know

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2006
  9. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

your last chance is hotswap. Otherwise you need a modchip.
    http://my.afterdawn.com/thereturn/blog_entry.cfm/374

When the xplorer360 can see 5 partitions of xbox, copy the C backup on PC to partition 3 and the E backup on PC to partition 4

Then xbox will work.

10. Mrfixitup

Mrfixitup Member

Thank you so much for your help! The hotswap was the answer. My box is back to the way it was. I will start a new thread for questions about how to add applications. Thanks again.

11. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

hey wait.
    a lot of ppl have problem with hotswap. Can you tell me how did you do it? So I can't adjust my tutor.

12. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Can you help ppl who need to do hotswap too?