1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Did I see?

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by dazila, Jan 19, 2007.

1. hodgins91

hodgins91 Regular member

thank you guys, ill give it a try sometime :)

2. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@everyone....I was once both cynical and skeptical on this subject but now I'm one of those people who shrugs his shoulders and doesn't know what to think. Oh, I didn't see anything to make me question but my cousin who I always hung out with did ... that was in the late 1970s. You'd have to know my cousin Emile .... very straight laced, practical and pragmatic sort of guy. He was sort of pensive for a while then very reluctantly told me and his brother this really fantastic story of seeing a UFO up close and hovering in the field near our friends house. No abductions, anal probes or little green men with big eyes, just a close up view of a hovering totally silent craft of some sort. It was really spooky and from the last person I would have expected to come out with such a fantastic story. Now, some 30 years later, I still don't know what to make of it.

3. ireland

ireland Active member

Mystery of airliner's near miss with 'UFO'
    By Paul Marston, Transport Correspondent -----Friday 13 June 1997

AIR investigators are baffled by an apparent near-miss between an Aer Lingus jet and an unidentified flying object.

The BAe 146, bound for Stansted from Dublin, took evasive action after both pilots saw what they described as a red aircraft with blue and white stripes heading towards them as they flew over Hertfordshire. The jet passed 100ft above the interloper two seconds later.

The crew reported the incident to air traffic control and suggested that what they had seen might have been a military aircraft, such as a Red Arrows Hawk. But inquiries, involving searches of radar recordings and radio transcripts, failed to find another aircraft.

Investigators established that no Red Arrows aircraft flew that day, and checks on all military or civil Hawks revealed that the last one to be airborne had landed four hours earlier. Inquiries into the whereabouts of Gnat aircraft, which are similar to Hawks, also revealed no flights.

The possibility that an unregistered ex-military aircraft had taken off from a private airstrip was ruled out as "inconceivable" because radar in the area would make detection a certainty.

The Civil Aviation Authority group set up to examine the incident said yesterday that there was no doubt that the pilots "saw something and agreed in some detail in their descriptions".

Group members speculated that the object could have been a model aircraft, an advertising balloon, or even plastic sheeting. But the lack of radar evidence "meant that members could feel reasonably certain that what had been seen was not an aeroplane". Similarly, the degree of risk to the jet from the incident, which occurred last June, was "impossible to assess".

Aer Lingus said its pilots had reported the event because they were trained to do so. The airline predicted that the incident was "likely to remain a mystery".

[​IMG]

4. ireland

ireland Active member

By now, everyone has heard of the Air Force's ultra-high-security, super-secret base in Nevada, known simply as "Area 51." Late one afternoon, the Air Force folks out at Area 51 were very surprised to see a Cessna landing at their "secret" base. They immediately impounded the aircraft and hauled the pilot into an interrogation room.

The pilot's story was that he took off from Vegas, got lost, and spotted the Base just as he was about to run out of fuel. The Air Force started a full FBI background check on the pilot and held him overnight during the investigation.

By the next day, they were finally convinced that the pilot really was lost and wasn't a spy. They gassed up his airplane, gave him a terrifying "you-did-not-see-a-base" briefing, complete with threats of spending the rest of his life in prison, told him Vegas was that-a-way on such-and-such a heading, and sent him on his way.

The next day, to the total disbelief of the Air Force, the same Cessna showed up again. Once again, the MP's surrounded the plane . . . only this time there were two people in the plane.

The same pilot jumped out and said, "Do anything you want to me, but my wife is in the plane and you have to tell her where I was last night!"

5. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

LOL! That was pretty good Ireland!

6. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

it is hard telling what you seen, there are many things that the goverment is working on, that show up in the night skys, i asked a verry smart person this question, are we the only people in the solar system, he said if we were it would be a big waste of space, there somany thing going on on our planet and out side of our planet and it would just blow your mind.

7. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

You can DEFINITELY say that we are the only people in the solar system. I think that question's been prettty muched proved. Hell there might not be any INTELLIGENT life in our solar system the way things are going here on earth. There are probably beings somewhere else in the Universe tho. I would be presumptuous to think that we are the only ones.

8. ireland

ireland Active member

Lights 'not of this world' mystery finally solved
    Air Force reveals weapons tests that sparked global UFO frenzy

Mysterious lights in the sky witnessed and photographed by an Air Force colonel who described them as "not of this world" apparently have an explanation of this Earth after all, WND can reveal.

LUU-2 flare deploys parachute to float slowly to Earth

Officials say the colorful illuminations seen Jan. 9 over western Arkansas came from special military flares that slowly parachuted to the ground as part of an Air Force training mission involving A-10 aircraft pilots at nearby Fort Chaffee, a base used for testing weaponry.

"We were flying A-10s in that area and they were using flares," Jessica D'Aurizio, chief of public affairs at the 917th Wing of the Air Force Reserve at Barksdale Air Force Base in Louisiana, told WND.

She says the flares, which stay lit for about five minutes, produce nearly 2 million candlepower.

"It brightens up the target area," D'Aurizio said. "They go down in parachutes, so they're very bright. That had to be what it was, I'm sure."

As WND exclusively reported last week, F-16 fighter pilot Col. Brian Fields, now retired at 61, was at his Van Buren, Ark., home Jan. 9 when just before 7 p.m., he observed two intensely bright lights as he looked to the southeast close to the horizon.

Zoomed image of mysterious yellow light seen Jan. 9 near Van Buren, Ark. (photo: Col. Brian Fields)

"At first I thought they were landing lights from an aircraft," he said. "As I continued to observe them they began to slowly disappear, then suddenly one reappeared, followed by two, then three. On at least one occasion four or five appeared. Each time they would slowly fade and eventually disappear. This occurred several times and when they would reappear they might do so in differing numbers and in different positions, sometimes in a triangular shape, sometimes stacked on top of each other, sometimes line abreast, etc. When the objects appeared they might stay illuminated 10 or more minutes."

Mysterious yellow lights in triangular formation seen Jan. 9 near Van Buren, Ark. The red lights at right are from a local broadcasting tower (photo: Col. Brian Fields)

He added, "I believe these lights were not of this world, and I feel a duty and responsibility to come forward."

Lt. Col. Pete Gauger, executive staff officer at the 188th Fighter Wing of the Arkansas Air National Guard, confirmed A-10s were on the Fort Chaffee bombing range dropping suspended flares at the time Fields documented the lights some five to ten degrees above the horizon.

"They would drop multiple flares," he said. "That probably solves your mystery. It's beyond coincidence."

A-10 aircraft similar to this were used in a pilot-training mission Jan. 9 in western Arkansas

Gauger said WND's initial report caused a lot of interest among media outlets, especially after being featured on the Drudge Report.

"It was widely read," he said. "I read it, and I didn't immediately tie it in [to the training]."

Fort Chaffee, which is run by the Arkansas Army National Guard, is situated on approximately 61,000 acres not far from Fields' residence in Van Buren.

"Just a small portion of it is for the Air National Guard to fire and test weapons," said Kim Kimmey, chief warrant officer at Fort Chaffee.

According to the Federation of American Scientists Military Analysis Network, A-10 aircraft "have excellent maneuverability at low air speeds and altitude, and are highly accurate weapons-delivery platforms. They can loiter near battle areas for extended periods of time and operate under 1,000-foot ceilings with 1.5-mile visibility. Their wide combat radius and short takeoff and landing capability permit operations in and out of locations near front lines. Using night vision goggles, A-10/ OA-10 pilots can conduct their missions during darkness."

D'Aurizio at Barksdale AFB told WND there were four A-10 planes as part of the training mission the night of Jan. 9, and they used LUU-2 flares.

Schematic illustration of an LUU-2 flare

According to GlobalSecurity.org, "The mechanism has a timer on it that deploys the parachute and ignites the flare candle. The flare candle burns magnesium which burns at high temperature emitting an intense bright white light. The consumption of the aluminum cylinder that contains the flare 'candle' may add some orange to the light."

"I did not know that such 'parachute flares' existed and never considered the possibility," Col. Fields told WND upon learning the reason behind the mysterious lights. "I am grateful, however, that the truth has been determined and those that may have been disturbed by this event will be able to rest."

Fields, a Christian who originally speculated his sighting might have had something to do with End Time prophecies from the Bible, still wants people to remain vigilant.

"Because this event was explained does not change the fact that we live in perilous times – and we must still be awake, alert, and know that a great deception is still coming."

WND's original story sparked a flurry of interest in unexplained phenomena and UFO activity, with many readers saying they had seen or experienced lights similar to those witnessed by Fields.

D'Aurizio said when the flares are deployed, "It's not unusual to have people think there's something strange going on."

Not everyone is quick to accept the Air Force's explanation.

"Are you trying to tell us that a retired Air Force colonel doesn't know the difference between flares and lights from a UFO? But the Air Force trusted him enough to fly F-16s, multi-million dollar jets?" asks Jim Chadbourne of Waterford, Conn. "When are the media going to stop listening to the government's crap and report the truth?"

Other feedback to WND became comical at times.

Jeff Anno of Cincinnati, Ohio, supplied his own image, explaining, "I looked closely at the orange picture and something looked fishy. It looked like the [Volkswagen] logo."

article and pictures here
    http://www.worldnetdaily.com/staticarticles/article53936.html

9. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

ireland i live in missouri and i work night's and i am outside alot, and when the air force does it's flight trainning at night they do shoot the flares out of the jets and it does look cool, and you know that they arround because of the noise i work in south central missouri and i am only 50 or so miles from Van Buren, Ark, and i watch the sky's a lot at night, cuzz the job is real borring, and i have seen a few strange things in the skys at night, and i know the difference from man made and something else, one one more thing to say if any one thinks that we are the only ones here or out there they must have a pair of blinders on.

10. ireland

ireland Active member

UFO’s seen over South Shore sky
    By Andrew Pereira
    It's hard to draw a surfer's attention away from the next wave, but whatever was in the southwest sky Friday evening around 6:20 p.m. drew a crowd along Kewalo Basin and Ala Moana Beach Park.

Honolulu resident Peter Hollingworth described what he and many others saw as two lights circling in the sky, about 45 degrees above the horizon.

Video of one of the lights was recorded from the KHON 2 SkyCam.

“These two little fireballs with a stream behind it,” said Hollingworth. “Looked kind of like a shooting star but it just kept going. They changed directions a few times, at first it was coming in then it turned, then it went out then it came back in again."

Hollingworth was surfing with his 12 year old son when the unexpected show began.

“I was a little concerned. I told him come over and sit with me - this might be the last surf session we ever have together because this thing's coming straight for Honolulu. It looked deadly to me it was kind of spooky.”

So what was it?

The National Weather Service says nothing showed up on their radar at the time of the sighting and the Federal Aviation Administration didn't report anything unusual.

The U.S. military conducted a missile defense test off of Kauai Friday evening but the test didn't begin until 7:20 p.m.

“This in a sense is an unidentified flying object,” said University of Hawaii astronomy professor Gareth Wynn-Williams. “It's something in the sky that's moving that we haven't identified.”

Wynn-Williams believes there's a simple explanation behind the UFO’s.

“It's probably a contrail of some kind,” he said while watching video of one of the lights at his Kailua home.

The professor says contrails are caused by high flying airplanes burning hydrogen based fuels. One of the byproducts of the fuel exhaust is water.

“The air is very cold so the water condenses and forms like drops very quickly and then these drops stay behind the plane until eventually they warm up and they evaporate.”

Wynn-Williams doubts little green men from Mars are behind the UFO’s.

“Some people just think differently than scientists and they like to look for the fanciest most exciting explanation. Those people would like to think it's little green men, I think that's very unlikely."

According to published reports this is not the first time a UFO has grabbed the attention of Hawaii residents.

In December of 2004 an unexplained streak of light was captured by a camera on Haleakala on Maui moving southwest to northeast. No official explanation has been given for that UFO sighting either.

Story Updated: Jan 29, 2007 at 6:32 PM HST

GO HERE TO SEE THE VIDEO
    http://www.khon2.com/home/ticker/5387746.html

11. dazila

dazila Regular member

ITS STILL GOING!!!LOL! a ufo thread i made like 2 weeks ago has people posting more stuff??Wierd.
    Ill add one more of my personal experience.
    I cant remember the exact date I know the month and year it was around May 1996 I was in Germany a place my dads aunt lives there its in an area where there is a corn plantation its towards if anyone knows Stutgar in between Munich and Stutgart we were walking outside it was sorta warm 25c and we walked it was about 9pm when behind us we heard a cwwwwwwwwwwww like a plane but louder we stopped turned around there was nopthing then a shooting star liek thing flew past but wierd thing it stopped instantly and this thing seriously looked like a UFO I had no doubts thats why I never asked it was maybe 1km away from us in the air a pretty high ditance up but it was a dish shape with a higher top like two levels a dish with another thing on top like one of them huge towers like in rthe olympic park in munich if you search Olympia tower munich you will know looked like the top of one of those,sorta like a high hat males wore like 200 years ago the black ones this thing had 3 lights in the top part and about countless amount around the lower edge on bottom it had 3 circles that glew and a search light kind of thing came out and glew and it started moving towards us and then left we were like "fhew" we went home pretty fast and my window was facing where the thing was I turned the light off opened the curtain and watched it until 4am and it flew of like a shooting star again.
    I was like thank you!!!
    since then ive never been to that place again!!

12. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

So now you are telling us you have seen 2 UFOs at different times and places. The odds of that happening are truly astronomical. If UFOs existed there would be countless pictures and movies of them with all the pix phones and camcorders.

13. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@Garmoon....I've always been curious about that; why do the pics of UFOs always suck?

Actually, you're all in for a surprise because I'm actually an alien military general and I've got thousands of troops already infiltrating the workforce worldwide. We'll soon shed our skin and dominate the earth.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2007
  14. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@gerry1

Because there has never been a picture taken of a UFO. They don't exist. Why would an alien want to visit us. Small planet circling an average to small star on the out skirts of a huge galaxy. Far away from anything exciting that might be happening. Strange after having listened for decades that we haven't found ONE intelligent signal from somewhere else.

And your aliens they could not do a worse job than the rest of world leaders.LMAO

15. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

@gerry1 dont let the americans here that they might shoot you for being an alien or worse the mib might come after you.they killed suddam hussein and he only looked like an alien.

there is no real proof whether we have had contact with aliens or not the americans and the russains probably have satellites capable of communicating with aliens if they exist but even if they did exist the government would cover it up and we wouldnt be any wiser.

16. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@xboxdvl2

Do you actually believe that something this incredible could be kept a secret in this day and age? Our government has more leaks than sieve!

17. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Yay for Area 51!

:D

18. dazila

dazila Regular member

There are pictures just look at Arizona 1997 200 wittneses.
    P.s
    If I dont have proof I highly doubt you have proof that they dont exsist your just assuming everything you say arent you?
    Have you explrerd every galaxy? I mean we havent even explored our galaxy and some of the closer planets too,And its stupid to assume that if all of this is infront of you,And it would be selffish for the man Kind saying that we are the only ones why should we be?,there's millions of other placves like earth that we dont know of or ever will its like when people in the 70's and 80's thought that nothing was gonna come afetr tapes what happedn in 1986??,Cd's and do you think any of the normal people had enough brains to think about a circl that's 2mm thick when they didnt know?
    Same thing there.
    Yes I have seen 2 and both I will gurantee werent planers 100% Sure as planes make noise and the 1996 one was veryu detailed so dont say Im wrong you havent seen anything or when you do see something you say "I didnt see that"

19. dazila

dazila Regular member

If any one knows The Vakentich Mystery that happend I read about it around 2001 and its wierd and Its to do with a guy that flew from Tasmania across the Bassttrait to Melbourne he reported an object halfway through travelling on open ocean in a Cesna a mettalic object is flying above me he said this across the ardion and talked to the transmission guy for minutes the last thing ever Heard from Valentich was "Its Not a Plane its a......" He didnt say another word and Metal scraping noises were heard andthe transmission died,Search contin7ued for a couple of days they searched everywheer land,deep in water and no sign of him or his cesna the mystery still stands and will likely never be discovered what happend.
    here is the full story:
    25 years ago on this day Frederick Valentich disappeared over Bass Strait in very strange circumstances. It is a mystery that still has not been explained.

It was the extraordinary disappearance of pilot Frederick Valentich (left) over Bass Strait on October 21st, 1978, that thrust the subject of UFOs into the news headlines around the world. The Valentich mystery has endured as an insoluble enigma. The crux of the mystery is just what happened to the young pilot and his 182 Cessna light aircraft - VH - DSJ (Delta Sierra Juliet) - during that October evening. The circumstances behind the total disappearance of both pilot and plane have since been elevated into one of the premier mysteries of aviation and for many one of the most intriguing elements of the UFO phenomenon.

The fact that the mystery has lasted so long is a direct result of the incredible aspects at the heart of the affair. Twenty year-old Frederick Valentich, 47 minutes into what should have been a routine 69 minute flight from Moorabin, Victoria, to King Island, reported in a radio conversation with Melbourne Flight Service Unit controller, Steve Robey, of seeing an unidentified "aircraft" near him.

The only official report to emerge on the affair was an Aircraft Accident Investigation Summary Report, reference No. V116/783/1047. The basic relevant events and transcript of the conversation between Valentich and Robey - a "radio encounter of a weird kind" - included in the report are given here:

The pilot obtained a class Four instrument rating on 11 May 1978 and he was therefore authorised to operate at night in visual meteorological conditions (VMC). On the afternoon of 21 October 1978 he attended the Moorabbin Briefing Office, obtained a meteorological briefing and, at 1723 hours, submitted a flight plan for a night VMC flight from Moorabbin to King Island and return. The cruising altitude nominated in the flight plan was below 5000 feet, with estimated time intervals of 41 minutes to Cape Otway and 28 minutes from Cape Otway to King Island. The total fuel endurance was shown at 300 minutes. The pilot made no arrangements for aerodrome lighting to be illuminated for his arrival at King Island. He advised the briefing officer and the operator's representative that he was uplifting friends at King Island and took four life jackets in the aircraft with him.

The aircraft was refuelled to capacity at 1810 hours and departed Moorabbin at 1819 hours. After departure the pilot established two-way radio communication with Melbourne Flight Service Unit (FSU).

Valentich reported in this transmission that "a large aircraft" appeared below him, then apparently passed over his aircraft. He felt it was an "unknown aircraft" particularly because of its apparent speed. It approached him from the east and seemed to be "playing some sort of game", "flying over me two three times at speeds I could not identify". Frederick Valentich emphasised, "It's not an aircraft ... it's flying past, it's a long shape." Then he described, "it seems like its stationary.
    What I'm doing right now is orbiting and the thing is just orbiting on top of me also it's got a green light and sort of metallic (like) it's all shiny (on) the outside." One minute later Valentich said the object was approaching his aircraft from the Southwest. Then the Cessna's engine started rough idling. Frederick Valentich's last transmission was, "...that strange aircraft is hovering on top of me again. It is hovering and it's not an aircraft." 17 seconds of open microphone followed with metallic like sounds hear, perhaps like the rapid keying of the plane's microphone, and then silence. An intensive air, sea and land search followed over the next 4 days. No trace of pilot or plane was ever found.

The weather in the Cape Otway area was clear with a trace of stratocumulus cloud at 5000 to 7000 feet, scattered cirrus cloud at 30000 feet, excellent visibility and light winds. The end of daylight at Cape Otway was at 1918 hours.

The Alert Phase of SAR procedures was declared at 1912 hours and, at 1933 hours when the aircraft did not arrive at King Island, the Distress Phase was declared and search action was commenced. An intensive air, sea and land search was continued until 25 October 1978, but no trace of the aircraft was found.

link to sketches;
    http://www.ufoevidence.org/cases/case24.htm

Now garmoon if you deny soooo much please be the first man to explain what happend and Why he or his cesna were never found and 29years on still nothing?

20. mackdl

mackdl Regular member