1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Did I see?

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by dazila, Jan 19, 2007.

1. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@dazila

I see I'm wasting my time convincing you UFO's don't exist, but my fingers could use a workout. Things go down in the ocean and are NEVER found. A small plane surely not hard to miss. Amelia Earheart comes to mind. And they knew where she was supposed to be. As this pilot talked to the tower, why was there no mention of an accompanying blip on the radar screen or lack thereof? Small airplane crashes happen frequently. No telling what the pilot saw but it was not aliens from another star system. It would be like the US sending a probe or manned ship to Proxima Centauri at 4.2 light years it the closest star to ours. Having arrived and never have tried to make any contact with any inhabitants there. And they would have the same problems as our astronauts would have trying to survive a trip at the quite less rate of the speed of light. You may choose to beieve whatever you want but facts are facts. No good pix, no provable contacts. You can bet the military knows what's in the airspace around the earth at all times. And the discovery of the millennia could hardly be covered up. You'll never know how disappointed I was when back in the mid 60s; as they sent the first pictures back of the surface of Mars and it so resembled the Moon. No intelligent life.

2. ireland

ireland Active member

HERES ONE THAT A CLEAR PIX

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 1, 2007
  3. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

The top one could be some of the members here at AD. LMAO

Do like his rides. Especially the touring air-pope-mobile on bottom.

4. dazila

dazila Regular member

You dont know that do you like I said you dont have proof!,neither do I but I have more then you do thne how is it possible that before all the Ufo craze started in 1995 when toys started being bougth that people saw them and anotehr person saw one too but they both describe the same things about it even thoguh they dont know each other? is that possible I mean I dont know what your house or car look like without seeing them do I,If I dont know you ??

What about that thing that happend in like 1596 how can you make it fiction?,Every SINGLE person in Nuremburg Germany saw it "1000's of flying dish like objects in the skies covered nurmemburg Germany every person that lived there saw it happend these objects were emmiting lasers as if they were having a war" there are drawing of it on wiki you cannot say somthing that happend 500 years ago is fake as easily as now why? Since the 90's mid 90's 1995 we have had computers that can easily photoshop,crop any picture vbefore this cuoldnt happend,Pictures that were taken 100 years ago and have proof they were taken then cannot be edited and if they could back then youd spend days cutting it out pasting it making it real.
    Yeah U!

5. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@dazila

Love that reasoning: we both have nothing but you have more nothing?
    0<0 Your arithmetic teacher would love your logic.

So until you can produce some exotic spacecraft or part made from elements or metals, unknown to our chemistry, a picture or movie with some legitimacy, an alien body, anything, give up. Just because you read something on the internet or a newspaper doesn't make it TRUE.

So before I get into a flaming war with an adolescent's reasoning, I will unsubscribe and let you preach to others. When you find your evidence or puberty feel free to PM me.

6. dazila

dazila Regular member

But tell me if they are not real then how did the dish shaped spaceship thing start? and how were aliens modeled if werent seen? Imean something had to happend similar to get the idea?Wouldnt it?

7. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Methinks it started with some Neanderthal who ate some pretty mushrooms and then decided the decorate the walls of his cave with his first stab at art. Whether inclined to believe or disbelieve in these things, the most one can say is "I don't know one way or the other with any certainty".

8. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@Garmoon...here you go, proof positive!! Boy, are you going to eat your words when they bring Elvis back!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(No offense Dazila...just having some fun).

9. dazila

dazila Regular member

The last one looks cool is that meant to be the guy from "Roswell"?

10. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

LOL! I don't know. I did an images search for "UFOs" and they had a couple of alien pics!

11. ireland

ireland Active member

The Reality of Recent UFO Sightings
    By Benjamin Radford
    Special to LiveScience
    posted: 09 February 2007
    10:16 am ET

America has seen a spate of alleged UFO sightings in recent weeks and months. Eyewitnesses in Arizona, Illinois, Arkansas, North Carolina, and other states have reported seeing mysterious lights and objects in the sky.

Among the sightings:

* In November 2006, United Airlines employees reported seeing a large, dark, “saucer-shaped” craft over a terminal at Chicago’s O’Hare airport. It hovered for a while, then suddenly rose and shot up into the sky.

* In January 2007, multiple eyewitnesses reported seeing a formation of mysterious bright lights in the sky over western Arkansas, moving too slowly to be aircraft.

* Similar lights were reported this week over Phoenix.

Could such sightings be alien spacecraft? Of course it’s possible; many things are possible. The question is not what is possible but what is probable—what evidence and logic suggest. Before jumping to conclusions about ETs in spacecraft, we must look at the most likely explanations.

What's more likely?

Without some independent confirmation or other evidence, it’s hard to know what the United Airlines employees might have seen. But is it more likely that they saw an optical illusion, or that a large, unknown object hovered over one of the country’s busiest airports without being seen by anyone else or appearing on radar?
    Other Oddities

* Strange Circles of Light Explained
    * North America's 'Loch Ness Monster' Spotted Again
    * The Story Behind the 'Alien Autopsy' Hoax
    * The Reality of Bigfoot

The lights over Arkansas and Arizona had something in common: they were both seen near military bases, at a time when Air Force pilots were dropping very bright flares from parachutes during training. The flares, producing in some cases nearly 2 million candlepower, would be visible for miles.

So is it more likely that the mysterious lights were actually alien spacecraft, or that people simply saw the aerial magnesium flares released at the same time and place? (It would in fact be much more mysterious if no one had reported seeing lights in the sky at that time!)

Any object seen in the sky, especially at night, can be very difficult to identify because of the limitations of human perception. Knowing how far away something is helps us determine its size and speed; that’s why we know that moving cars seen at a distance aren’t really smaller, nor are they moving slowly; it’s simply an optical illusion. If the eyewitness doesn’t know the distance, then he or she cannot determine the size. Is that thing in the sky twenty feet long and 200 yards away, or is it 200 feet long and a mile away? It’s impossible to know, and this makes estimates of size, distance and speed very unreliable.

Recipe for a UFO

There is a more fundamental problem with such sightings, and it is revealed in the acronym UFO: unidentified flying object.

All that is needed to create a UFO sighting is one person who may not recognize a light or object in the sky. But just because one person—or even several people—can’t immediately identify or explain something they see doesn’t mean that someone else with more training or experience (or even the same person seeing the same object from a different angle) may not instantly recognize it.

Astronomers, who spend the most time looking at the sky, rarely report UFOs. This is because they often recognize aerial phenomena (odd clouds, comets, etc.) that the average person would consider strange or unexplainable.

Benjamin Radford is an investigator with the Committee for Skeptical Inquiry, and author of three books and hundreds of articles on UFOs, Bigfoot, psychics, and other mysterious phenomena.