1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do I do after I re-format a hard drive with my xecuter 3?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by lukeman30, May 23, 2009.

1. lukeman30

lukeman30 Member

I have a v1.4 xbox with an x3 in it, and it's got the latest x3 bios.

I would like to install a new 60 gb hard drive. I am aware that there is an option in my x3 bios that will let me format a new hard drive.

However, after I do this, what is the next step? Do I have to install dashboards (including the default one, if i wish), from that point? Will the hard drive just be a blank slate?

Also, before I put in a new hard drive, do I need to be concerned about my "eeprom"? Or does the x3 format procedure take care of all of that for me?

2. dennisv9

dennisv9 Regular member

just download the slayer or aid disc. burn it onto a disc that your xbox can read. just put any of those 2 discs in, and let them boot. i use slayer, so under slayer there is an option to install all necessary files for a stock drive or an upgraded drive. in your case, tell the disc you have an upgraded disc. then it will copy over files and you can choose which dashboard you want as primary. with a chip you don't need to worry about locking with eeprom.bin, since the slayer disc has that option to. just choose lock harddisc. it will read out your eeprom. off course, if you always boot of your chip your harddisk does not have to be locked at all.