1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do I do now?!!! Help?!

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by willow82, Oct 7, 2003.

1. willow82

willow82 Member

Hi There,

after reading through loads of forums and people instructions i finally got my xecuter 2 lite plus to work!!! Flashed the bios with the Ozxflash, then installed the 4977 Bios.

When the system now boots up, rather than saying microsoft along the bottom below the logo, it says xecuter 2.

Now what do i do? how do i get things set up? perhaps this wasnt the best thing for a complete begginer to try but the forums help! keep them going guys and stop kids all over the world frying there xbox's.

All Im after is some instructions on what to download and how to get it onto my box. looking at media players, ripping etc!

Cheers!

2. _carlos_

_carlos_ Member

OK quite briefly since i'm bored of writing the same thing!!

You'll want evolution x dashboard as a kind of OS to base all else on. This is usually downloaded in iso format which can be burnt to cd using most writing softwares. You then put this into your xbox and it will boot up allowing you to access the tools...the most important of which is the IP address informer. Once you know your xbox's IP address you can connect to it via any FTP program and this is where the fun begins. Your E drive is the main place for programs and files since it's the biggest but the main thing to do first is the copy evo-x to your hard drive. (look elsewhere for instructions) and then maybe put x box media player on your e drive aswell to play mp3's. Try also dvdx2 to play dvd's without the adapter and there are loads of emulators to play old games of days gone by!

Installing any program is easy enough as it's usualy just a case of copying everything over to a suitable folder on your E drive....

Helpful hint - via FTP, you can read what's on your xbox dvd drive...thus enabling you to copy in file format (not iso) the stuff you downloaded like evo x :)

Good luck...post back with any problems..but first, get the latest version of evo x burnt to a cd rw.

3. willow82

willow82 Member

Hey,

Thanks for the reply. I have the Thomson drive on my xbox and have been using dvd-r when trying to burn discs etc.

I have downloaded 2 versions of Evo-X and am now confused as the setups contradict each other.

I burnt one of them to dvd-r with the instructions that I could find out there, and it is coming up as my box cant recognise it.

I have used both the Evolution X v1.8.458 and the EvolutionX_beta_V1.8.3285 files and neither of them seem to happy. One says name the xbe file default, and the other says change it to evoxdash.xbe or something.

when i followed all the instructions i had an iso, then used nero to burn the iso image onto a dvd-r (which worked with the ozxchip flash and the BIOS discs)

i have the xectuer2 plus lite (no solder thing)

any clues y'all?