what do i do with all rar and r** files before burning?!?!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by brandnew8, Dec 2, 2007.

1. brandnew8

brandnew8 Member

okay so i'm at the point where i am able to burn the backup now. In my folder however i have many rar files at about 97,657kb each along with other files which are r** files. Theres a wide range of those r** files. What do i do next? I already have WinRAR and QiuckPAR downloaded to decompress the files. What am i supposed to be looking for upon using those programs? What actually gets copied to the cd for burning? (I have clonecd downloaded too) I'd really like some good help as i dont want to waste those dvd+rdl discs. Thanks!

2. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

3. brandnew8

brandnew8 Member

great, all figured out. The dvd file burned nicely and now i have to flash my drive. I took everything apart and i'm at the stage where i need to connect the xbox to the computer with a sata cable. My computer has no internal sata cables lying around so what do i do? After i buy one where do i connect it to?

4. brandnew8

brandnew8 Member

okay,okay nvm. So i do not have a sata port on my computer which surprises me since its a pretty good custom built gaming computer...winfast, nvidia gforce yadda yadda. So what are my alternatives besides a modchip? I still want to be able to flash the drive

5. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Is this for 360?

You'd probably be better off asking in the 360 forum below all of these ones!

;)