1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do i need to burn a hd dvd

Discussion in 'HD DVD discussion' started by SwordsG, Jun 6, 2007.

1. SwordsG

SwordsG Regular member

Im new to hd.
    I got a few hd samples i would like to burn to a disk and play it on a hd dvd player connected to a hd tv.

what do i need in order to this?
    Can i use a normal dvd burner and a normal dvd-r?
    Plus its very smae in mb like 100mb so can i put it on a normall disk
    format is wmv

Last edited: Jun 6, 2007
  2. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@SwordsG

Lots of Money! You'll have to invest in a new HD DVD burner (expensive) since old burners can't do HD discs. And the HD DVD blanks are expensive too. You'll need software to mangage the ripping and burning for HD discs also.

3. dblbogey7

dblbogey7 Guest

Actually if you have a high def MPEG-2 clip in *.ts *.tp or *.m2t transport stream format - examples: captures from a high def cable box or footage from a high def video camera such as the Sony HDR-HC1 - you don't need an HD-DVD burner or media. You can burn to a DVD +R or -R in HD-DVD format and your HD-DVD player will play this at 1080i. You'll need the following software: VideoReDo, Ulead Movie Factory 5, and Nero 7, and a regular DVD burner. Here's a guide on how to do this:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=705146

I've done this with a 45 minute episode of CSI in 1920 x 1080 *.ts format recorded from my HD cable box. The resulting HD-DVD format fits in a single layer DVD+R. My HD-DVD player recognizes the disc as HD-DVD and plays it back at 1080i. The original resolution is preserved as well as the original 5.1 Dolby Digital soundtrack.

If there is a way to convert your wmv file to ts while preserving HD resolution then you can use the above guide.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2007
  4. SwordsG

SwordsG Regular member

thanks ill have a look around
    and lucky i have got money to wast