1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do u need to play Xbox Live?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Games' started by PearlMilk, Feb 25, 2006.

1. PearlMilk

PearlMilk Member

Yestoday I was bored because my sister was on the computer.
    I thought of playing Xbox LIVE when my sister is on the computer, and when she goes off i'l go on..

I got an xbox (When it first came out) and Cable internet(512kbps,Motorola SB4200 Modem).
    The thing is.. that my computer and the modem is downstairs and i have to play xbox upstairs.. (around 10-15 meters).

Wat do i need to play Xbox live? Wat do i have to buy? (Need stuff that is cheap :p lol)

Thanks for your help

2. tocool4u

tocool4u Guest

You need a way to connect to the internet to your xbox and an xboxlive subscription......I would recommend getting the Starter Kt it comes with a demo,Subscription, and headset...

3. steimy

steimy Active member

yeah a starter kit is a good idea, but they can be pricey.
    Get a $12 crossover cable, a $20 headset and an Xbox Live subscription and that is all you really need.

Or just download Xlink Kai or XB Connect and you can play online for free. You would still need the crossover cable, the headset is optional. plus they do not detect modded xboxes and will not ban you for such trivial things as swapping out your HDD for a bigger one.

4. thelox714

thelox714 Regular member

great ideas.. but are you you should be able to do the wireless on it. you should be able to just get a wireless router and an adapter like this one.

http://hardware.gamespot.com/Microsoft-Xbox-Wireless-Adapter-C-13548-x-4-7

that way you can be playing online while your sister is online on the computer..
    you could also hardwire it in.. but you said you were 10-15 meters away..

or am i missing something

Last edited: Feb 28, 2006