1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do ye think about adding another step to (Super AfterDawn Addict}

Discussion in 'AfterDawn feedback & suggestions' started by ireland, Mar 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ireland

ireland Active member

DRD THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA,closing the thread was premature as you should of heard more feedback from the members..but its your site so be it...

my take on this, as it stands (now} the rank system is unfair to the members who do a good job around here.why do ye think the members are leaving? they are fed up with the post count to reach the top rank,
    from any tom dick and harry who can get to the top by posting useless posts.
    cheers 3-29-06

there is a way to do that with out upsetting the apple cart is add another step,like
    (super AfterDawn Addict}

and to reach that step the mods and admin should pick those that deserve the upgrage..
    and then the Safety valve then can live on for ever.

my one cent
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 29, 2006
  2. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

To have the mods single out someone for the quality of their posts and contributions would be a "status" that actually means something.

3. pulsar

pulsar Active member

gerry1, I concur wholeheartedly.

4. gurnard

gurnard Regular member

ireland hi :)
    you've opened another can of worms
    would the 'Super AD' have to make AD first, if not then you would again have ppl complaining when a senior was made Super
    don't get me wrong, i know as well as you that there are a few very deserving seniors that should be AD's on merit alone and a few of them won't make it for a long time. so it would be a just reward

5. ireland

ireland Active member

gurnard
    no can of worms is to be open at all,he or she would have to be a afterDawn Addict to be considered..the newbie thrugh afterDawn Addict still will be determined by the post count..i do advise that ALL ye must have a majority of your posts to be of good quality help posts..
    not 80% junk posts and 20% quality posts

if i can see who does what around here,i know dam well the mods and admin can see whats going on.

out of 12600 post i kept track of what i posted in the Safety valve thread its close to 1200 posts and the most of that was in the news thread i started and quit..

Last edited: Mar 26, 2006
  6. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

I've thought of this before Ireland and think it is a good idea...but you know that the handpicking got peoples feelings hurt back when that was the way it was done.

7. ireland

ireland Active member

LOCOENG
    i would agree with you,but!to meny AfterDawn Addict made it the easy way,
    the next step should not be a post count..it should be on the merits of there good posting quality.a review should be set like every 60 days to see who is to be upgraded..

those that made it to AfterDawn Addict know in there hearts if there posts are are bogus or quality help posts..i know it will hurt some at the begining.

but they should understand it would be a new system..and bugs would have to be worked out.if some one is missed in the first round of being upgraded, that should be corrected in the next round of upgrades to super AfterDawn Addict..

8. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

I was just pointing out the flaw with the old system of promotions, I still agree with your idea, I think it is doable.

Sorry about your thread being shut down, it wasn't my intention.

9. ireland

ireland Active member

LOCOENG

it was not your fault the thread was hi-jacked with all the bitching and bitching and more bitching..

if they want to bitch why don't one of the bitching complaining member set up a bitching thread in the Safety valve and stay out of the good threads with there bitching.

it could be a big mother of a bitching thread. it can be titled why i hate the world,myself,wife,my kids your kids,members,gold fish and my dog and cat..and the pear tree............

Last edited: Mar 26, 2006
  10. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

I think that was the initial purpose of the safety valve itself, unfortunately it's turned into chat central. Sorry iclosed your other thread man, but you saw where it was going. we wont let the other one go that route, we'll just ban the person and delete the post if they come in screwing that one up.

11. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Ireland, I think this idea is a good one. As with any system there will be some complaining but its better than what we have now. The old system was a good one but just a FEW complaints gave us the one we have now. I'm all for it but you have to convince the powers that be to implement the hand pick system again. That would correct some of the problem. If post count could be shut off in a few rooms along with the new system it would stop much of the junk posts. Then MAYBE things would get somewhat back to order on here. Just one members opinion.

Jerry

12. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I'd like a way to recognize those that've gone above and beyong the norm. I lobbied for Jerry746 to be promoted to Senior back when it meant something. I believe he was the last true Senior before the ranks went automatic.

13. xXx

xXx Regular member

also we finnish people we have discussed from this subject, and suggestion has got good feedback! only envious could say that they would not be earnt in question title. i hope that they have it, as soon as possible.

14. xXx

xXx Regular member

ireland: what you would say if i would lend your text and i would write about that on the finnish language ?

15. matt72

matt72 Regular member

Hi,

Great idea to recognize someone who has earned the title without "counting posts". Jerry746, brobear, bbmayo, baabaa, kivory, rotary and many others who have distinguished themselves thru countless helpful posts should be held in high regards with an added status. In all walks of life there will always be those who disagree with certain decisions but we all need to move forward and follow the example those before us made. Just my 2 cents.

Also instead of groaning about the safety valve why not create a forum that doesn't count your posts.

16. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

I just think most will be happy if posts in the Safety Valve were discredited to post count -- but I may be wrong.

17. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@Lethal...I agree 100%

18. boxwrench

boxwrench Guest

I also agree as I for one am tired of this>http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/39/306838

19. ireland

ireland Active member

COME ON STAY ON TOPIC THIS IS NOT A BITCH THREAD

this is about if ye remember is should we have another rank as super AfterDawn Addict.
    thanks

quote xXx
    ireland: what you would say if i would lend your text and i would write about that on the finnish language ?
    yes its ok

20. boxwrench

boxwrench Guest

Ireland,I'm sorry if I did'nt make myself clear. I agree this change would be great and would stop some of the complaints about the current system.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.