1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what do you guys suggest

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by andmerr, Jan 16, 2004.

1. andmerr

andmerr Guest

hi guys a little while back i had a cyclic redundancy error and was givensome great advise to fix it.A more indepth approach gave me evidence that there was a a corrupt vob file within the actual disc.

the next step was to purchase dvdx rescue.This program is the only one so far that has been able to read the whole disc and back it up to my hard drive.

but when i go to transfer it on to another dvd -r
    i get this message even though all files actually came off the disc.I can play the whole movie from my hard drive.

'creation of dvd files was not successful
    missing vob files named vts_01_*_
    vobset 9 1 0 2028447 2028710 20284470 TCE

I have also contacted 321 studio but unfortunately the help wasnt exactly useful.

is it a possibility that this disc is a one off and faulty

sorry for the multi questions

any help would be appreciated

andmerr

2. malum

malum Regular member

Sounds damaged, what makes you think it isn't?

3. andmerr

andmerr Guest

i was unsure if it was the disc or the movie .
    i thought that with the right program it was possible to salvage it. I can get the whole thing from the disk using dvdx rescue.There is a program on afterdawn called cd check it said there was a damaged vob in the 4th area.

unsure what to do except maybe see if i can locate another disc of the same movie and see
    if it has the same prob

thanks

andmerr

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2004
  4. malum

malum Regular member

Does the disc play all the way through without a problem?

I don't know how DVX rescue works but if it just ignores the damamge then the files it creates will have the errors in them.

A good polish and a rip with DVD decrypter set to retry as many times as possible on error may help

5. Solidzx

Solidzx Guest

If you know the faulty VOB, then you may want to demux and them mux it again to create a new VOB. This is only good if your demuxer will read the bad VOB.

Good Luck,
    Solidzx

6. andmerr

andmerr Guest

On a standalone player or on a dvd rom im my pc yes it does play from start to finish no probs

When i tried to clone it or use other dvd programs which were suggested by the forum users they all faltered at 55% of the initial read.

Jerry746 suggested dvdx rescue.

This program is a complete dvd recovery tool.
    The 1st time i used it it also faltered
    On the 2nd attempt it backed the complete disc to my hard drive

But now i seem to have the problem that i cant get it off.

Ive got a feeling that your reasoning is correct in the assumption

"I don't know how DVX rescue works but if it just ignores the damamge then the files it creates will have the errors in them"

which basically = stuffed

I will also try your suggestion with dvd decrypter and
    solidzx's demux and try to create a new vob and see if we can beat this little prob

Thanks guys for the assistance but you know 321 raved about how good this program is but have come up short in the help department.

thanks again

andmerr