1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you look for when buying a HD TV?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by zelda64, Dec 13, 2005.

1. zelda64

zelda64 Regular member

Thanx for the advise on the TV.

The reason why I asked about the Xbox is bacause Xbox has only the option to go to 480p it cant go any higher. This is why the xbox 360 is classed as the HD eara for gaming.

I think if you set if to 480p and adjust your TV appropriatly it should work.

One important thing I would like to suggest. Why dont you sell your xbox because the Xbox 360 plays all your old Xbox games in HD 720p so you should definatly not experiance the problem through your xbox 360 if you decide on buying one.

2. c2sellit1

c2sellit1 Regular member

Yeah I went into the dashboard and switched 480p/720p/1080i all on...It didnt really do much justice...I turned down the sharpness it helped a bit but my main peeve is that the red and blues are really dark and I made adjustments and they still look like crap...I dont understand how one game can have red and be super dark while I can hook up another game and be super bright...Which leads me to believe it isnt my set..Maybe it is I dont know but this gens consoles look like crap while past and the 360 look amazing...

My Xbox is on ebay while I type this.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2005
  3. diabolos

diabolos Guest

Thats cool. Personaly, I would try switching out the cable first though. Its rare but it happens. Unless you have an Xbox 360 of course.

There are a couple of titles for the xbox that are capable of 720p!

Including (but not limited to); Tony Hawk's Underground and Soul Calibur II to name a couple.

Ced