1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what do you think about this please help gonna buy a home theatre tommorow

Discussion in 'Receivers and amplifiers' started by leezy, Sep 10, 2005.

1. leezy

leezy Guest

2. djscoop

djscoop Active member

wouldn't get it. looks like a pretty crappy brand, and for that price I doubt it have any decent audio quality to it. If you're looking for an all-in-one unit like that, get a Sony, JBL, or Infinity.

3. cp1966

cp1966 Regular member

NO NO NO

Hows that for a short answer? Remember, you get what you pay for. If you were buying a car, would you buy a Mercedez or a Yoo Hoo? Yea, its cheap, but it will sound crappy. If you want to buy a "package" deal, you can buy a set up by a reputable brand such as Sony, Infinity, Pold Audio, etc...

4. gear79

gear79 Guest

you can't beat just buying a receiver by itself, and building from there. i am currently selling my sony receiver so i can upgrade to a larger, more powerful system. (pm me if interested, and i'll send specs too with info)
    but i had started out that way, spent all this money on a home theater in a box......... biggest mistake i made. i shortly took it back and bought just the receiver by itself and built it from there. now the bug has gotten me and i want more, more, more.
    i am currently looking to buy this one....
    http://www.us.onkyo.com/model.cfm?m=TX-SR702&class=Receiver&p=i

but, its just my opinion, and your money... cp1966 is right.... you get what you pay for !

5. leezy

leezy Guest

btw it is for a bedroom not a living room i already have 1 im lookin to not spend over 250 because i am barely going to use it

6. gear79

gear79 Guest

then you can buy one that has 2 zone capability, and solve all your problems.... buy one once, and be done with it !! not very expensive either, for 2 zone room, like around 400-500 dollar range !

7. leezy

leezy Guest

i already have one for my living room like i stated before i have a bose in my living room i jus want something decent for my bedroom no more than 250 i barely am going to use it but it will be nice jus to have it thanks

8. gear79

gear79 Guest

bose is ok, but i dont think it gives you the flexability of today's receivers. i am into this hard core, so i have my opinions. i like options and gadgets with what i buy. i would personally stay away from home theaters in a box, but its your money. i would though buy a better brand then the one you posted. i know it will not put out the 1000 watts it claims, shoot, my 700 dollar receiver only does 700 watts, true 100 watts a channel, high current. but, if thats what you choose, good luck with it, hope it works out for you.

9. chazman66

chazman66 Member

Ditto gear79, I would spend a little more, get a good brand. But dont overspend on Bose....just my 2 cents.

10. SeanZ0r

SeanZ0r Regular member

my a$$ it puts out 1,000, and its actually 810watts, but thats RMS, not a real output, i forgot the equation to find the real wattage, with given RMS, and ohm values. Save you're money.

11. Grain

Grain Guest

Total output: 810 watts RMS (continuous) power (speakers: 135 x 6 @ 4 ohms, 10% THD; subwoofer: 190W @ 3 ohms, 10% THD)

10%THD is obscenely high! Expect incredibly bad sound from this unit. Sorry, but I'm amazed they would even post such horrible specs. Run away!

12. leezy

leezy Guest

wat the hell are you talkin bout dont overspend on bose if you guys actually took the time out to read wat i put i already have a bose

13. gear79

gear79 Guest

if you took the time to read all replies, only one person stated dont overspend on bose. it happens.... i gave you my opinion, as did others. for you to come back and lash out is uncalled for.

14. cp1966

cp1966 Regular member

What I meant by saying dont overspend on Bose, was if you really want a "box" outfit, and you want to spend a minimum amount of money, dont buy a Bose. MY OPINION ONLY! You already have a Bose, but I think you will find better "box" outfits out there for much less moola!

You made a post asking for opinions. I think all of us said to stay away from it. If you want to spend $250 max, and you think it will work out, buy it.

Dont get huffy cuz we are telling you to spend a little more money to get better quality; you asked for our opinion and we are giving it.

15. gear79

gear79 Guest

well put cp1966!
    as we all have given an opinion of some type. if you have not purchased this item just yet, it does not hurt to do research before making a purchase. it would be to your benefit anyway, but then again, its your money. i did this once before, when i was a noob to home theater, bought a h/t in a box, well, after 2 weeks, it went right back, and i bought on impulse a receiver without doing research. well, to my demise, i have lived with that purchase until recent. i spent over a month looking and listening, narrowing down my choice. now i will be happy until about a year or so, there will always be something better, as technology advances so rapidly, as we all know.

16. leezy

leezy Guest

what are you talkin about dont get huffy cause you guys told me too spend a little more i was stating i already had bose in my living room i wanted to get something for my bedroom so i guess you still didnt read what i put u may have read what i put but you didnt comprehend it

17. chazman66

chazman66 Member

Jesus Christ Leezy!

Dont buy the shit $200 theater in a box, and dont spend another $2000 on a Bose! Get something in between.

Buy whatever the hell what you want.

Sheesh!

18. gear79

gear79 Guest

yeah, i am done with this thread ! you try to steer someone in the right direction, and wind up getting an ass chewing ! buy your stupid $200, waaaay over rated 1000 watt stereo system, you will be better off talking to the best buy returns department with your problems, dont bring them here !

19. SeanZ0r

SeanZ0r Regular member

[bold]B[/bold]etter [bold]O[/bold]ff [bold]B[/bold]uying something [bold]E[/bold]lse

20. leezy

leezy Guest

no gear i wasnt giving you a ass chewing i never bought that home theatre this was like 2 weeks ago btw thanks for your help but you guys kept saying the same thing over and over and over but thanks for your help and i am going to get something different and i keep saying i have a bose i have it already had it for a year now so get off the fact of dont overspend i already have it but i am trying to find a receiver for a good price