1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what do you use to burn after DVD-RB?

Discussion in 'DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum' started by jetsetter, Sep 25, 2007.

1. jetsetter

jetsetter Member

im wondering what you guys use for the best results. im still experimenting with RB from having been using DVDFab's one click backup for awhile. Speaking of which, would i still be able to use that to burn once im done with RB? to be honest i hate Nero. it seems to always create a new problem for me whenever i use it. additionally it will not burn at a slow speed as it never gives me the option to. Nero used to be ok but is now just nothing more than a headache. So can anyone recommend some good reliable burning progs? Right now Im using RB + HCEnc.

2. jetsetter

jetsetter Member

um, yea, nero is horrible. anybody have any good alternatives?

3. ChrisC586

ChrisC586 Regular member

Image burn is a great program and is hooked into RB for a auto burn from RB Chris

4. jetsetter

jetsetter Member

Hm I can't seem to find the option for ImgBurn. All I see is 'Output To Image File' option and also 'Write ISO image to disc'. is it one of these perhaps?

Lastly i am using DVD-RB with HCEnc. I did not adjust any settings in either of the programs and just let it do its thing. Are there any settings which might be wise to adjust for the next time?

5. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

This will create an ISO file for manual burning with Imgburn in "write" mode.

This will automatically call up Imgburn upon completion of project and burn your files. I'm not certain if DVD-RB has Imgburn built in (probably does) or if you have to download it separately and plug in the correct path to the program. I'm not at home and don't have access to DVD-RB or I'd confirm this.

Hank's encoder should be just fine at default settings.

6. 1Adonis4u

1Adonis4u Guest

You guys should stick with Nero 6 and your problems will disappear. It seems that as of Nero 7 the developers stopped focusing on what the program was designed to do and instead are heading in the same direction as Microsoft in making their software bloated with useless cr@p.

If you are using Linux then the obvious option would be K3b.

7. LOCOENG

Imgburn is much less bloated than any of the Nero efforts.

8. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

you also can have dvdshrink burn the iso with image burn

[​IMG]

i dont know if it would be worth while to run it through shrink after RB.i havetn used RB so i cant say one way or another.
    But there are a few ways of useing imgburn to your advantage.
    dont know if this helps but gives ya the idea of how to use imgburn with other programs

9. ChrisC586

ChrisC586 Regular member

Hey Rob time to jump inand try RB the best I,ve found for taking a so so movie like Wild Hogs and turning the scenery into real life, same with Transformers, on the big screen is unreal! I,ve found ImageBurn to be the best at burning IMHO. Chris

Last edited: Nov 2, 2007
  10. LOCOENG

Hi Rob....using DVD Shrink after or before DVD Rebuilder would be a waste of time IMHO. As Chris says, give it a shot and see for yourself...the output is superior to the rest.

11. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

ImgBurn is one of the best programs for burning and it lives up to it's name (image burn!). Using RB with CCE has always been a favorite of mine and I like to set it up doing Batchs of movies while I sleep! This way I wake up to folders of movies to burn with ImgBurn! I set up my disks and print them up on TYs white hub printables and in the morning ... just pop them in like you do with bread in a toaster! Very easy and convenient. RB is the best! can't get any better and when you match it up with ImgBurn......well.... I don't see any TV degrading it's product!

12. arniebear

arniebear Active member

If you have gone through the time of using RB, don't run it through Shrink you will just change the file quality you got from RB. ImgBurn is the best choice if you do not want to use Nero. ImgBurn is free so that is a plus. I use Nero but that is my preference.

13. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

Hey Arniebear..... how are you? Just one question for ya......
    what makes Nero better burning than ImgBurn? I know that Nero is more indepth with other software including it's burning ROM.....and if Nero is your software of choice, then why this in your signature?
    [​IMG]

You know I'm just teasing you!

Last edited: Nov 6, 2007
  14. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Hey IHoe hope all is well with you. I meant since the poster does not want to use Nero then ImgBurn is the best choice.

15. jetsetter

jetsetter Member

hmm if burning an ISO to disc using Imgburn.. would that be readable in a standalone player? i thought you had to burn VOB's?

16. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

and ISO is an image of the whole disk! DVD compliant files are made up of IFOs, BUPs, and VOBs...... and if you want an image of that then you can use programs to make the image (ISO) and then you can burn to disk.

17. jetsetter

jetsetter Member

haha yes i do know about ISO basically being a snapshot of the disc, but i was not sure if the player could read a '*.iso' file.. then again all of the vobs etc are contained within the iso snapshot correct? sorry if that was a dumb question. i just remember burning an ISO file once and getting jumbled playback.

18. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

Only if you were burning to crappy media! And don't worry about asking questions.... that's the way we all learn!

19. Deadrum33

Deadrum33 Active member

What kind of player do you mean? DVD on your TV or file on your computer? There are programs to burn vob's to disc for a tv box, programs to burn .iso to disc for a tv box. The possibilities are endless, once you learn a few different ways to do it, it will seem easy.

20. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

no the player can't, however whichever burning program you use, can.. the burning program just splats (technical term LOL) the contents of the ISO image onto a disc..