1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What does re-imaging mean?

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by morty666, Oct 8, 2007.

1. morty666

morty666 Member

Ok i have a HP computer.
    I tried putting vista on it and it stuffed up on me. I took in under warrenty and they said i wasn't covered because vista isn't recommended on a HP computer.

They said it needs to be re-imaged and it will cost Almost $500 to do that. I just spent $500 on vista so i DO NOT want to spend that much more.

What does this mean and is there another way i can fix it myself or something??????

Could i put in a new hard drive? Would that work or would i still have problems?

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

re-imaged probably means software reloaded as in windows & other programs. what is the make & model# of that hp so can look at what it has? what vista is it that costs $500?

3. morty666

morty666 Member

Thank you so much for your reply!

I don't have the recove cd's I tried making them but they wouldn't work. it would say that the it couldnt complete the burning stage.

I have a HP media pc m7390a

Ok... first off i was having a blue screen. It was saying something to do with bad_pool_error.
    Someone said it was something to do with the HD. And to format it. ok.. So i tried to make the backup disks.. But they didnt work. The last ones i made said they worked... But they didnt.

I formatted the HD and tried to use the disks. They wouldn't work.
    So i brought vista home premium (full version).. i tried installing that and it came up with 'boot mng missing'. So i took in to get repaired under warranty.

They wont do it under warranty because its something software did. Apparently Vista stuffed it up or something. I have no idea. Now they want $500 to fix it!

Did all that make sense? lol

Could i just get a new hard drive? Or something?

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member