1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What does source feed mean? I've decided what T.V. ......Its the..

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Kinglion, Jul 23, 2006.

1. Kinglion

Kinglion Member

Westinghouse 42in LCD 42w2 1080p. Im getting it for my birthday for the price of 1799.99. Now, I've been reading reviews and and even bought the new sound and vision magazine since they had a review. Some questions I had though were:

When I look at the screen and alot of the screens in the store they seem fuzzy or soft. Sometimes the salesman says that they are not getting a good source feed??? What exactly does that mean.

Also, the magazine review suggested that I get the wall mount if and I do have rowdy kids around. Now this is possible I just need to check for studs in my apt but since I will be hooking up alot of electronics does this mean the the wires will be exposed and unsightly? would that make it more dangerous with kids since they run around and could trip over a cord and possible pull down the t.v.?

2. diabolos

diabolos Guest

The sales person should mean that the source isn't digital or high-def. Make sure you get HD-cable or HD satelite service unless you plan to use an OTA antenna.

You kind of answerd your own question there...lol. Get it done right. Buy a mount that can handle the wieght of your tv and get it installed by an installer that knows what they are doing. Hopefully the wires can be out in the wall and won't be an issue at all!

Ced

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2006