1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What does this error mean when burning?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by NinjaMic, May 22, 2007.

1. NinjaMic

NinjaMic Member

[​IMG]

Lately I've been getting this with nearly EVERY dvd I've tryed to burn...I've tryed both Sony DVD-Rs and Verbatim DVD-Rs....no change....is it time for a new burner? :(

Last edited: May 22, 2007
  2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Maybe but you can use a firmware. Try that first - just may do the trick.

The latest is BSOY

3. NinjaMic

NinjaMic Member

YES!

That solved the problem....thanks

4. binkie7

Not a problem :)
    Glad that did the trick

Happy Burning!

5. tompres

tompres Member

Hey Ninjamic

Saw ur posting on the error message ur getting while ur decrypting. I/O error....sense area....check condition etc....

i'm having that problem with a lot of my dvd's. i was told it's because they are scratched but some of them are almost brand new that i'm try to decrypt....i noticed that someone answered u back saying u may need firmware...and u wrote that that worked

i'm a newbie...could u tell me what that means and how i do it? the movies play fine in my dvd player but won't will decrypt every file most of the time EXCEPT for one or two and gives the error msg u were getting...greatly appresicate any help.....**email address removed by creaky**

Last edited: Jun 17, 2007
  6. JVC

JVC Active member

@tompres..........
    You'd better get rid of your email address, in your post, or you'll probably be banned. You need to read the rules. Click on the pencil and paper icon, in the upper right corner of your post, to edit it out.

Why do you want answers sent to email, instead of here, where others can learn it too? This is a forum, and not a private answering service. Use the forums for what they're meant for.........questions and answers.

You can search here, http://forum.rpc1.org/portal.php and see if there's a newer firmware version for your burner. If so, download it, double click it's icon on your desktop, and do what it says. That's all there is to it. It's not hard.......

Last edited: Jun 16, 2007
  7. binkie7

Just to add if you're getting these errors while ripping (decrypting)
    decrypter might not be able to handle the copy protection. NinjaMic was getting this error when burning.
    Try ripping w/ dvdfab hd decrypter. Free and still updated to handle the newer copy protection.