1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What does this TMPGE error mean and do I need to worry about it?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by JodiBelle, Sep 13, 2004.

1. JodiBelle

JodiBelle Member

I got this error earlier today and I am wondering what it means and if it is something that I have to be concerned with. After I finish I planned on running it through Shrink. Will this be ok after that?

The video GOP is too long.

The video GOP is too long.
    For a standard DVD it is necessary that the GOP fulfill the following condition:

Max 36 fields (18 frames) (NTSC format only)
    Max 30 fields (15 frames) (PAL format only)

GOP longer than the above mentioned are out-of-standard for DVD-Video.

When the GOP structure is not recognized when using TMPGEnc DVD Source Creator, please select DVD by "Select format".

If you are using TMPGEnc, please use the project wizard to create your MPEG files.
    You can also set the "Maximum number of frames in the GOP" manually, in "MPEG Settings", "GOP structure".

We cannot guarantee that nonstandard DVDs with a too long GOP will play in a DVD player.

When you make nonstandard DVD, whether it will be playable on your DVD player differs from the various brands of DVD players.
    You should check which specifications your DVD player supports before making nonstandard DVD-Videos.

2. JodiBelle

JodiBelle Member

Bump. I know you all are burning gods around here. Someone has to know.:)

3. vlad

vlad Member

HI - i didn't encounter this problem until recently. i had to reload windows and then had to download all the appropriate programs and now i run into the problem.

can't help but wondering if a change was made to the program.