1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what does unlocked mean?

Discussion in 'Other mobile phones' started by Dlux427, Jul 26, 2006.

1. Dlux427

Dlux427 Regular member

i c where people are talking about unlocking cell phones all the time in these forums...what in the world does UNLOCKED mean?

2. Dlux427

Dlux427 Regular member

and i have an LG VX6100...it does not have a sim card...so idk....but if you unlock it.....all i know is it is so u can use other networks....is this true? if so doesnt that mean you wouldnt have to pay a bill? please explain in depth for in this area i am a complete noob!

3. pazzini

pazzini Guest

4. Dlux427

Dlux427 Regular member

ok i read it...and all the reasons someone would want to unlock their phone are retarded....why the hell would you want to change sim cards if its now saving u any money...thats fusking stupid

5. pazzini

pazzini Guest

Basically it's for people who want to change there network.

Lets say you had a contract/payasyougo phone that is locked to T-Mobile and your contract runs out. Lets say Orange has a better pay as you go tariff than T-Mobile and you want to swap over, you wont be able to because your phone is locked to T-Mobile.

By making your mobile sim free allows you to choose what operator you want...so with people like me around to unlock your mobile (Nokia's only) for free there is no need to pay your operator, so it saves you money.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2006
  6. tiuk

tiuk Member

My dad's cell phone is T-mobile, mine is Rogers Wireless. We wanted to trade phones because he liked mine, and I liked his. We couldn't because the phones were locked. There is an example of the benefit of being able to unlock a phone.