1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What DVD+-R/RW writer supports 1X burning?

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by orangutan, Dec 23, 2003.

1. orangutan

orangutan Guest

i have been looking at several different brand of DVD+-R/RW writer namely plextor, sony, lite-on, etc, but their specs only list their maximum reading or writing. i dont see the minimum at all. I have a lite-on LITE-ON LDW-411S which apparently only supports writing in either 2X or 4X.

I am looking for a writer which is capable of writing at 1X, do you guys know any?

ps: just out of curiosity, what happens if a 2X dvd media is burned with 4X?

sincerely,
    orangutan

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Orangutan, I'm almost sure all dvd writers give you the option to burn at 1x even if their max speed is 8x. I have read that some members got slower media to burn at faster speeds but in most cases you will probably end up with errors. Going the other way(burning 4x at 2x) shouldn't be a problem. Most better burners will auto adjust to the media speed.
    Jerry

3. orangutan

orangutan Guest

Jerry,
    i see. but my lite-on LITE-ON LDW-411S apparently only supports writing dvd-r at 2X or 4X only. i dont see the option for either 3X or 1X, of which the latter i am looking for. is it depending on the media that i will be able to use the "hidden" 1X burning capability?

sincerely,
    orangutan

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

I just looked at your burner at www.dvdrhelp.com. It is a dual format (- and +) burner with a x4 max speed. I don't think there is a 3x speed media so they only show 2x and 4x. If you find 1x media somewhere, I think your burner will revert to the media speed. If you go to the dvdrhelp site, then to the dvd writer section, there are about 75 comments on your burner which may help you. They also have burner and media compatability sections. Hope I helped some.
    Jerry