1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WHAT DVD RIPPING SOFTWARE WORKS WELL WITH PIONEER 105

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by yascooluk, Apr 29, 2003.

1. yascooluk

yascooluk Member

i have recently thought about purchasing a pioneer 105, so that i can starting backing up my dvds. my question is which software will allows me burn my dvds and also allow me keep the extra features such as menus. finally which media is the best to use and roughly how long does it take to burn a dvd. i would be grateful if someone would let me no how to do this!

2. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

I will give you the best advise I can: kepp reading these forums. All the answers are in here.

If you've already decided on a burner, then go and get it. Deciding what software to use before you even get the burner is like putting the carriage before the horse.

3. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

Same as...I'll give you endless help after I know you've been & read a bit.

BTW I use a Pioneer 104 & never had a problem with it.

What stand alone/home/TV DVD player will you be using to watch back ups on ?
    You can check here:http://www.dvdrhelp.com/dvdplayers

4. yascooluk

yascooluk Member

since i posted my last enquiry, i have purchased the dvd writer and i successfully burned my first dvd, i burned kiss of the dragon, by using the dvd shrink program, which allowed me to keep my menus and burned it with nero. using the datawrite 4x discs which worked on my cyberhome dvd player and my ps2! is their any other software which will allow me to keep my menus and burn my dvd on 1 disc?

5. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

dvd2one. Use it in "full disk" mode.

The only problem with keeping the menu's is you end up with tighter compression on your main movie. Usually with just backing up the main movie the extra compression isn't noticable.

6. yascooluk

yascooluk Member

thanks 4 the advance! ive never used dvd2one before. do i have to rip the dvd first using dvd encrypter first and then put it through dvd2one or can i just put the dvd through dvd2one. because dvdshrink allows me to do everything in 1 program?

7. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

I use DVD decrypter to rip the disc first. Make sure you select [bold]everything,[/bold] not just the movie files.