1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what happened ????

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by treeman, Feb 27, 2005.

1. treeman

treeman Member

Sorry guys,,,, did a search and couldn't find the answer... I've been using shrink and decrypter for most of my stuff. Always produced Video_ts and audio_ts folders with VOB files
    Yesterday I downloaded powerdvd and now all my files are convrted to mpeg-2 files.... Why did this happen ??? Does powerdvd have to do with this change or did I possibly do something else wrong ?? Thanks

2. treeman

treeman Member

any ideas

3. orbiter5

orbiter5 Regular member

Hi,

Power DVD has probably jumped in and changed the settings to what the program understands. If you want everything back to the way you had it maybe you could try to uninstall powerdvd, then start again, using your original programs default settings.

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Power DVD just associated itself with those files.. It really didnt hurt anything with those files. It is just basically letting you double click on those files now and they will open in Power DVD automatically. If you don't like that you can change it easily without removing Power DVD...
    1. Right click on one of those file's
    2. Click Properties
    3. Where it says "Opens with" click on change
    4. Now select the program you want it to open with..
    5. All files with that extension will now open with the program you selected...

Easy hu... :)

5. treeman

treeman Member

Thanks guys