1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What happenes if white microsoft logo doesn't appear?

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by kingcangr, Feb 1, 2010.

1. kingcangr

kingcangr Member

hi

iv'e looked everywhere on this and can't seem to get any help. my xbox. once a perfectly good softmodded piece of machinery, with the splinter cell exploit and everything. it's now a ticking time bomb!. it doesnt read any games.,can't FTP, it renders E 13 everytime i turn it on. i can hotswap perfectly. i even put in clean ms dash files(retail xbox dash), hotswapped to the C partion, and still no hope. no white label under logo ever appears and it always follows by E13. i backed up my eeprom at least. is their anything i can do to go about fixing this. i really eff'ed up bad.

2. TBandit

TBandit Regular member

3. scum101

scum101 Guest

e13 is very often the dvd drive playing up.. especially a philps, but I have seen the nasty samsung 605f do it as well..

the closest we ever managed to work out (over hundreds of faulty consoles) is that it seems to be a generic ide controller error... now as softmods load the bios from the hdd a fault there can throw it too.

best way to check is to shove a pc hdd in it and see what happens.. it won't boot but the error will change if it's not the dvd drive.