1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What HDTV do you have?

Discussion in 'HDTV discussion' started by joschez, Sep 27, 2006.

1. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

dabig25, how are you liking your Sony SXRD 55 inch ?

and you have the Oppo DV-971HD dvd player right? i am going to get one next week

2. HD_nut

HD_nut Regular member

Thanks dabig25,
    I took that with the Sony Cyber shot digital camera only in 1.2 off my LCD. Although the HD detail is gone from the transfer, it's really impossible to tell it was a camera shot off a paused TV. May I use that to stress the quality of progressive scanning! It has been cut & cropped.

Here is another one

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 4, 2006
  3. dabig25

dabig25 Regular member

@aabbccdd

I love them both..........It's hard to understand how much better HD DVD,can look than w/ the OPPO 971H.

It will only up-convert via HDMI, or DVI. Just a heads up. The OPPO comes w/ all the cable already. The only thing it doesn't come w/ is an optical cable.

OPP has great tech support & customer service as well. Can't wait to see when they do get into HD DVD players. I talked to someone @ OPPO & they said they will be looking into sometime @ the end of next year. They said they wanted to wait since HD DVD is still new.

Hope some of this info helps, since you've been very help to me.

4. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

dabig25 , yes there customer support is excellent i talked to them the other day making sure everything would work ok with a pass though on my new Yamaha RX-V1700 AV recevier and they said it would i already have an extra HDMI cable i bought with the recevier so i will not need the optical cable anyway

5. jixxxer

jixxxer Guest

I just got a Sony KDFE42A10 42" Grand Wega Highdef LCD rear projection paired w/ the sony dream system and I love it even though Ive yet to watch any HD tv programs. Big change since Im coming froma a 27" sanyo crt tv.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2006
  6. munx

munx Regular member

Westinghouse 42" 1080p and i bought it for under 1600! i love it so much. best investment in personal happiness i have made this year.

7. P2P2P

P2P2P Member

Have the Samsung 32" LCD myself. I also wanted to get a sony but the picture just wasn't as good. The guy in the shop said Samsung make the sony screens, don't know if that's true or not.
    I use mine as a PC monitor. Only thing is, it seems to need to warm up first (Picture jitters) but it's fine after a few mins. It doesn't need to warm up for just TV or maybe it's just harder to notice but I can't see any problem.

8. sukhvail

sukhvail Regular member

i've got a 50" rca dlp tv capable of 1080i and i love it.

Link

the pic in the link isn't exactly how it looks; it looks more like the 44" they show on the main tv page

Last edited: Nov 6, 2006
  9. ChiknLitl

ChiknLitl Regular member

I too recently purchased the KDS 60A2000. Great television. Can't wait to get it ISF calibrated.

10. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

got any info on doing this ? and what advantage does it have

11. JVC

JVC Active member

Here is what one guy thought of the ISF calibration he had done:
    http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=80594
    A lot of people at the S&V Forums, have had ISF calibrations, and love the results. When I finally get an HDTV, I'll have one done too.

12. dblbogey7

dblbogey7 Guest

ISF = Imaging Science Foundation

http://www.isfcalibration.com/Intro.htm

Professional calibration is well worth the extra cost. I'm having my Sony Pearl done once I have it installed in my basement setup.

13. ChiknLitl

ChiknLitl Regular member

14. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

great i am going to look into it ,thanks

15. dblbogey7

dblbogey7 Guest

16. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

about what does it cost to do it

17. byngo

byngo Regular member

Toshiba 32WLT66 LCD

18. dblbogey7

dblbogey7 Guest

I spoke to my father last night. He spent about $1K for an ISF certified calibrator to work on his Sony Ruby projector. He said rear projection and flat panel sets should be cheaper depending on if you can find a technician close to your location. Their travel fees can make the cost go up.

19. hafar543

hafar543 Member

A lot of people have the Sony LCDs why is this?

20. gracie17

gracie17 Member

I have a Samsung LA40M61B. That's 40 inch, 8ms, 5000:1 contrast etc. I looked at the Sony Bravia but the Samsung just had a better picture. Now there is a bit more choice.
    If I was going LCD again, it would be either Samsung, Sony, Phillips or Hitachi.
    I must say I have been very impressed with the Samsung.
    I also have a Hitachi 42 inch SD plasma.