1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What iPod are you?

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by Doggy_Bot, Oct 15, 2005.

1. Doggy_Bot

Doggy_Bot Guest

The iPod is a great machine of the MP3 player world, i'm I wrong? Since their are ones to fit everyones need, which one fits yours? I have one 20gb iPod's, one 512mb shuffle and hopefully, the new 60gb iPod. The 20gb is the one I first got and its pretty amazing what a small little thing could do. It's used for the basic everyday MP3 person! Like Me! And the Shuffle was a small little gift from my bro. It was even more amazing than the first in my opinion! But i'm still waiting to hear from you. Get posting...

[bold]The New iPod[/bold]
    [​IMG]

2. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

lmao - if you have an ipod, doesn't that automatically make you an 'ipod people' person? lol

anyway.

i have a 60 gb ipod photo. currently on ebay. with loads of songs, great h/phones and everything. i would show you i can't link you to it because that is advertising ;)

it has been a great runner for me - it has never mucked up once, that is why i am putting my faith in apple and purchasing the video version =)

as they say, out with the old, in with the new!

3. Twisdit

Twisdit Member

I have a 20gig Photo and lovin it :)

4. sick_unit

sick_unit Regular member

4GB Nano!

5. JerseyGuy

JerseyGuy Member

iPod Nano 4GB - It is great!

6. need_for2

need_for2 Guest

i dont have an ipod but i am thinking of getting one what do u guys think is a good ipod for a good price?

7. Doggy_Bot

Doggy_Bot Guest

Well I would get the new iPod (60 gb or 30 gb) in white or black, but it's you're need not mine.

8. MrToast

MrToast Guest

Good Price... heh thats a good one! Ipods are way overpriced but when you have one you cant seem to live without it!! I have a 60Gb Ipod Photo I bought two months ago! I paid 399 for it and just put it up on Ebay so that I can get an Ipod Video! I think 325 is a good selling price for a BRAND NEW IPOD 60GB Photo... right? My wife and I also have an Ipod Mini and soon an Ipod Nano!

9. kinza

kinza Regular member

my brother got a 4GB nano, black, what a waste of money considering the video ipod was released about two weeks later for only $50 more. the little gadget gets scratched without effort. he took care of it well but the scratches were abundant, by the end of the first day. it might be small but it's definately big on price.

10. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

I'm saving my money to get the New IPod VIDEO. I hope i get it chrismas. Ipod is the only thing i like about Apple.

11. ZpYkE

ZpYkE Guest

rather get a psp than a ipod video, it has everithing an ipod has plus much more

12. Lethal_B

the psp is good, but has no

>pocket size design,

>mass storage capabilities, (well not on the same level as the ipod)

really and truly, though, it's just about what you personally prefer.

Lethal

13. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

I'm more than slightly annoyed by the fact that iPod mini line was scrapped -- and Apple is not selling the remaining units with decent discount, as I was planning to get pick mini for my gf =) Sure, nano is the good replacement, but the colors available don't offer the "girly option", although I know she would love the black one as well..

But I'm personally planning to get iPod Video shortly, just to play with the encoding options, etc. Bit like my experience with PSP is pretty much limited to video encoding so far.. Maybe I should get some kinda life besides this video thingy, hm... :)

14. kinza

kinza Regular member

have u tried archos' products, very satisfying. specifically the archos gmini400. try browsing on cnet.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2005
  15. Lethal_B

LOL Archos was the first mp3 player i had. i was into mp3 players a few years back, before all the hype with ipods etc.

i had an archos jukebox recorder 10 which was 10gb, and it was excellent
    until it corrupted, if not a bit of a brick.

[​IMG]

but anyway, kinza if you want to chat about other portable audio players, best to do it in the other portable audio forum. =)

suppose that goes for me aswell XD

Lethal

16. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

I have tried about all the available portable audio players on market and virtually all portable video players as well. For audio players, there are players that have better tech specs than ipod does, but none of them have better user interface than iPod has, which is IMO exactly the reason why it is the number one player in the world (sure, some of it might be part of the fact that people are sheep in some sense and tend to follow others when making their purchase decisions, but the original reason has to be there, otherwise no such halo effect can emerge).

As far as portable video players go, I've had DivX-capable PDAs for last 4 years, one 7" portable DivX/XviD player for 1.5 years, PSP for few months, portable DVD player for years and to day, I still fail to see the real market for such devices. I wouldn't take portable video player to a subway (well, my idea of "subway" is London Underground or NYC Subway system, so in smaller places it might be different) and risk myself getting robbed/beaten up/etc for it :) And in airplane, I prefer 15.4" widescreen laptop. Only place where I've found use for portable DVD player or 7" portable DivX player is on longer car trips where I can keep my kids quiet slightly longer by playing Disney movies and throwing the device to the backseat.

But this is getting off-topic. Anyway, iPod Video is my choice and most likely iPod nano will be my gf's choice :)

17. need_for2

need_for2 Guest

Thankz for the info people!

18. Doggy_Bot

Doggy_Bot Guest

Well I have made up my mind, i will be getting the iPod Video (60gb) in White! My bro is going to get black, but white is for me! I was hoping that apple would come out with a silver iPod video, but guess not, *sign*...life is fun!

19. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

Black ipod rocks!

Last edited: Apr 18, 2006
  20. Doggy_Bot

Doggy_Bot Guest

True, white is the official iPod color.