1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what is a better brand for lcd ?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by essadis, Jan 30, 2009.

1. essadis

essadis Member

hey i was looking for a new lcd and my friend says i should get a samsung there the better brand and so on about how great they are but when i was in the store they had a samsung next to a sharp aquos and i dont know i thought the samsung look a bit dark and faded to me. so i am here to ask what is the better brand and what i should look for when i go to buy a new tv?

2. cheezzzz

cheezzzz Regular member

Did you try playing with the settings to see for sure which one has a better pq? As much as I tried to wean away from Sony with a 32 in Sammy but IMO it didn't have the pq I wanted. It lacked the sharpness that Sony had, so.........back to Sony for me. That's just me, now!

If there is a restriction on the budget check out the Vizio also.

cheezzzz

3. essadis

essadis Member

i dont own the tv to play with the settings lol. they had the side by side at best buy. i just want to know what brand would be better to go with. he say samsung is best to get from what i have seen i like the sharps

4. cheezzzz

cheezzzz Regular member

Between the two sets I would go with the Samsung tho.
    If you're looking to buy a 40 plus incher the model 850 should be a good buy. That's the set that impresses me the most. I haven't seen the 950 yet.

cheezzzz

5. dailun

dailun Active member

IMHO Samsung, Sony, Sharp in no particular order.

I own a Sony XBR and I am very happy with it. For Bluray movies an d gaming (Wii)

6. talltrees

talltrees Guest

If you want to get a tv go with sharp, samsumg did better in monitors.

7. empire29

empire29 Guest

Samsung is generally considered the best LCD manufacturer (atleast since 2008 when it dominated the market with its A550 and A650 lines).

I would say in the following order: Samsung, Sony, Toshiba, Sharp

Samsung LCDs are excellent except most of their sets have that pesky "Touch of Color" trim.

Sony has good quality LCDs but like everything else Sony they're overpriced.

Toshiba is actually my favorite, the higher end Toshiba's use Samsung LCD panels so they're on par with the equivalent Samsung models.

Sharp is good, but they got a bad rep due to serious banding issues on their LCDs in 2007-2008.

After a lot of research, I decided the best hdtv is the Toshiba 52XV545U (it uses a Samsung LCD Panel) and it looks brilliant, I couldn't be happier.