1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what is best box/options

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by mandyy, Dec 12, 2014.

1. mandyy

mandyy Regular member

Hi, my openbox s10 is dying on me... can anyone tell me what my best options are for another box?? or any different options that there are out there... i don't really have much of a clue about this kind of stuff...

thanks
    mandy

2. mandyy

mandyy Regular member

Hi, ive decided to get a new box... can anyone tell me what the best box to get is... i've seen a simular question asked but they mention boxes for ireland... i'm in uk so son't know if i need a certain kind...

thanks
    mandy

3. cactikid

cactikid Active member

here may lie dilemma with an unknown future of channels on 28.2 hd are lost at the moment but if you had a motorised setup would bring more channels,better boxes like enigma2 boxes so many to choose from,single tuner,twin tuner for recording to quad core boxes and combo boxes sat/cable needing a sat or cable live feed and could run either or both.
    some boxes have poor tuners giving pixelated viewing on hd on cable[ weak signal ]
    all depends on what you want and will spend on it.

4. mandyy

mandyy Regular member

Hi, thanks for replying..... i'm a little lost with what you just said haha.... i was getting my channels to the openbox through a sky dish and also used ethernet cable to the box too... i had payed someone (can't remember) for the channels sub for a year... so now i had over 6 months subscription left but can't use the box.... not sure if i could have backed up the data from the box and put it on a new identical box??? as so i would get my channels back?? but even if not ... i have no idea what the price of a box would be... but just need to get one asap a good one i would pay more for a better box... crap time for it to break down with all the christmas stuff coming on for my kids...

any idea what might be best for me?

thanks again
    mandy

5. cactikid

cactikid Active member

many people are duped into buying these boxes from ebay when they see + 12 gift as they get cut off after 3 or 6 months and you cannot do anything about it,and are left with freesat only but box would still work if you had a new provider.forum rules say cant go any further on that taboo subject.