1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is best DVD Authoring Tool - abandoning Nero Vision

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by p23185, Dec 1, 2007.

1. p23185

p23185 Member

What is the recommended DVD authoring tool that will allow me to take already completed MPEG2 clips and create a menu and then burn the finished DVD to a hard drive (or directly to disk) with all the appropriate VOB and IFO files?

I have used Nero Vision for many years but when they released Ver 4 (inside Nero 7 Ultra) it produced a nasty flicker in high motion scenes. I contacted them and even sent three comparison DVDs over to Germany. Recently released Nero 8 with a new Vision ver 5 raised my hopes. No, this is even worse. With proven good MPEG2 files that I have already used in a menu structure and burned onto disk, now only play for about 10% of the total time (two MPEG2 files were tested with a simple one page menu structure) and then the pic goes black and audio disappears utilizing Nero Vision ver 5. Turning on the "Time Remaining" feature on te DVD Player still shows the movie is playing but screen is blank.

I returned Nero 8 and want to try something else, but do not know what is out there since every company today wants to sell the "Total Package" and that is not what I want. I love Studio 11 and am going to stick with that for capture and editing, but now need a DVD Authoring tool. The actual buring is a minor aspect, but right now I can only get a good finished DVD on the hard drive with the old Nero Vision ver 2 or ver 3.

2. pryme_H

pryme_H Regular member

p23185,
    The best one I think is ConvertXtoDVD, a shareware. DVD Flick is another one, a freeware.

3. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

DVDit Pro is fantastic! Somewhat steep learning curve, and the software isn't cheap. It leans towards the professional side.

4. carol2000

carol2000 Guest

the best one is DVD-Cloner. it has been upgraded to version 5. i have been using it for one years. I tried 1 click dvd copy, but it did not work well.