1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what is best write speed?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Redtail1, Feb 11, 2005.

1. Redtail1

Redtail1 Member

I was wondering what would be the best write speed for copy audio, when you don't know what speed the cd-r can handle.

Some of the CD-R don't have printed on the blank cd-r the write speed. So what is good rule of thumb to go by. Lately, I been having alot of coaster.

Thanks in advance!

2. djscoop

djscoop Active member

usually the burning software won't allow you to burn faster than the CDR was made for. what software are you using? try burning with differene media also

3. Redtail1

Redtail1 Member

Thanks for the reply. I have used Easy cd Creator ver 3/4 which I never had much problems with that software. I have been using Nero 5.5.xx, and currently Nero 6.x. I notice with Nero that I have to set the write speed otherwise I run into problems.

What I remember in the early days that if don't know the CD-r will except alway use 4x to write. Does this still hold true?

As far as media, I have use TDK, Fuji, Verbatin, Imation,Hi-val,etc... So is their safe write speed if you don't what the CD-R will except?

Thanks for the help in advance

4. djscoop

djscoop Active member

most new media (made in the last 2 years at least) are made to burn at 48-52x. so if you are not sure, try 16x, and go up from there. if you are still having problems, even when burning at slow speed with different media, with different burning appz, that would lead me to beleive you're burner is going bad.

5. Redtail1

Redtail1 Member

Thanks for the information. I just recently got new burner, a Nec ND-3500a. I have not had chance to try burning any CD-r as of yet. I had off and on problems with my Lite-on burner.

Again thanks for the information, and help..