1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is coaster rate?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by redruM781, Feb 23, 2005.

1. redruM781

redruM781 Member

I know its a stupid question but it is really important. I just need to know if it is the success or failure rate.

2. sox2k4

sox2k4 Member

coaster rate is usually the failure rate for a spindle of discs..... ie - 15% coaster rate being 15 of 100 DVDs failed (probably Memorex media...lol :)

3. rhino351

rhino351 Regular member

out of the last 300-400 dvds i probably only had mabye 5 that messed up without it being my fault.

4. sox2k4

sox2k4 Member

agreed. great media will very rarely fail on its own. i don't think i have ever had TDK or Ritek discs fail on me, but i have had Memorex and Sony flake out on me - but i was to blame a lot of the time. bottom line, don't cheap out when buying media.....go to quality websites, buy good media and you will thank yourself later when you are watching a pristine copy of your fav dvd after the first go at it :)

5. OU812Ono

OU812Ono Regular member

I'll deffinatly have to agree with what's being said. My first attempts at Dvd burning were with some no-name cheapo disc's. I almost made myself bald by pulling my hair out after a bad burn. It seemed like after I fixed one problem another would pop up. I thought I was cursed until I got some Ritek's. Over 100+ burns and not a single coaster or bad burn. Good quality media and doing the normal pre-steps and your almost guaranteed smooth sailing, less the occasional "Gremlin".