1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is latest news on labels?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by kbuegel, Nov 15, 2004.

1. kbuegel

kbuegel Member

Has there been any news lately on labels for DVD's? I still would like to print inkjet labels for my DVD's, but so far the matte white paper labels have always caused playback problems after a few months. I have some clear plastic labels that seem ok so far but those pretty much require a white background to work right (color-wise). So putting clear labels over the standard DVD's that have logo's and mirror/clear coatings makes the clear label pretty much unreadable.
    Can't seem to find the frosted plastic labels for sale any more. Don't know why.

So, has there been any breakthroughs with labels lately?

BTW, I did notice that some of the CD/DVD label refill packs from Fellows now have a disclaimer on the outside saying that the labels can cause DVD playback proglems.

People still seem to think its related to disk wobble or something like that but I've proven that is incorrect because removing half (vertically) of the label often makes an unreadable disk become readable again. With just half the paper label on one side of the disk, it should be badly out of balance but in fact it usually plays better than if the full label is attached. So, please don't tell me I have a balance problem or an ink problem with my labels. I'm looking for posts with solutions here, not guesses.

Thanks!

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

There are no new solutions to labels. It still isn't a good way to go. Reguardless of what you did to experiment with them, they still cause playback probelms in most players. Some players have no problem with labels but it depends on what type drive system it uses. If you insist on labels, invest in a R series Epson printer and some white printable media. No problems that way.

Jerry

3. aut0psy

aut0psy Regular member

I can vouch for the Epson R200 printer and printable Ritek Ridata 4x DVD-R media.

The results are stunning to say the least!