1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what is the best and fastest movie editing S/W?

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by polyskilz, May 12, 2004.

1. polyskilz

polyskilz Member

I have several mpeg or avi format home movies of my familes. I want to trim and combine some movies. Basically, moviemaker allows me to do all this and it is free. HOWEVER, it is very...very slow (~650 MB movies). It takes forever to upload it...and forever to save the edited file. Is this normal? I still want to keep the same avi/mpg extension...or whatever can make the files look good with less MB (don't know much in this area either). I also dont plan on making DVD's with them, i just want to keep them on my machine.

Im willing so spend the big bucks to save money in the time area. Is there another editor that i can buy that does the exact same thing and is MUCH quicker?

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Mpeg editing and AVI editing are two totally seperate things and 2 different editing Programs should be used for Editing them, I would suggest Womble Mpeg2VCR for mpeg editing/Joining and for simple AVI Editing try Virtual-Dub,..If the AVI files and Mpeg files have the same Properties when editing then you can do very fast editing without quality loss...